I solo on the 'morrow

Rebel Lord

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Rebel Lord
Tomorrow I embark into the sky myself. The right seat will be empty, I'm PIC.

Any words of encouragement and advice? I'm though I wouldn't be nervous every but now I have butterfly's :redface:

I'll give it a go...

This day is call’d the feast of Crispian.
He that outlives this day, and comes safe home,
Will stand a tip-toe when this day is nam’d,
And rouse him at the name of Crispian.
He that shall live this day, and see old age,
Will yearly on the vigil feast his neighbours,
And say “To-morrow is Saint Crispian.”
Then will he strip his sleeve and show his scars,
And say “These wounds I had on Crispin's day.”
Old men forget; yet all shall be forgot,
But he’ll remember, with advantages,
What feats he did that day. Then shall our names,
Familiar in his mouth as household words—
Harry the King, Bedford and Exeter,
Warwick and Talbot, Salisbury and Gloucester—
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb’red.
This story shall the good man teach his son;
And Crispin Crispian shall ne’er go by,
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be remembered-
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his [shirt tail] with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne’er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition;
And gentlemen in England now a-[ground]
Shall think themselves accurs’d they were not [aloft],
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That [flew] with us upon Saint Crispin’s day!

How's that grab you? Good luck. :D

We're all counting on you, good luck.

Congrats and good luck. Relax and enjoy the flight.

I had mine about a month ago. I was a little nervous. It's weird though when I got into it, I felt more focused and maybe not more relaxed but I think I made better landings than I had been making with the judge sitting next to me. Good luck, have fun.

People will be watching. Don't screw it up! JK, relax and enjoy it. And don't wear a shirt that you don't want to wear again.

Have fun!

Kinda surprised your CFI told you when you're going to solo.

Your CFI isn't going to sign you off to solo unless he's confident you will do fine, so you'll do fine.

No reason to be nervous - unless of course, you **** up. :rofl:

you could put a blowup doll in the right seat if it makes you feel better

Have fun. It will be a great feeling, and it will change your life, but it will also just prove something that you already know: you can fly an airplane. Wear your best shirt.

Good luck.

Once you get rolling, your fear will be gone because you'll be busy.

Solo that puppy successfully and you'll be left with a memory that will always be clear as a bell and one that will make you smile every time:)

Don't worry you'll hear the CFI in your head even though he/she won't be there. Say the new pilot's prayer before you pull out and push the throttle, "Please Lord don't let me fruck this up."

Looks like you picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue... :rofl:

Good luck, we're all counting on you.

So what airspace should the rest of us be avoiding during this event? :D

Good luck. As others have said, if your CFI says you can do it then you can. It is more of a transition from one phase of learning to another than a seminal moment so relax.

Agreed....
My CFI pulled my date out of the air when he felt I was ready and I didn't get any warning..
I was told it'd be soon, but not specifically when. The anticipation still killed me.

Agreed....
My CFI pulled my date out of the air when he felt I was ready and I didn't get any warning..

He said his CFI didn't tell him, he is just assuming.

My CFI said we'll try to get you solo'd next session. The wind(and my performance) had other plans. Crosswind was kicking my butt and by the time I was getting consistent-ish landings I was out of time.

Solo'd on the next one, :yes:

Agreed....

My CFI said I was ready to solo after lesson 3, but since I was his first student, he wasn't going to solo me until I had as many hours as he did when he soloed. So I knew when that day was coming for like a week and some change.

But then I got bumped a day because when I got to the airport to solo, the plane was taken for a last minute check ride!

Man, the markings on that plane look very familiar as does the hangar in the background. KCXO by chance? Just Fly?

My instructor asked me a couple of times how I was feeling about soloing. I told him I wanted a little more x-wind landing practice with him. No such luck, the next time we went out the first thing he did was asked me for my log book, hmm, I guess it was solo day no matter what, and it was a bit breezy to boot. He told me to give him 3 good ones any way I wanted full stop or T&G.

Then later, I asked if I could get signed off for solo night flight, I had about 2.5 hours and 15 landings or so. He said sure thing, we practiced landing without landing lights or any panel lights on in the plane. That was interesting!! He signed me off for solo night flight that evening.

Back