I signed my first student off for the checkride and....

jordane93

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Jordan
He passed! I took him from zero hours starting in May, he worked hard and it paid off. I soloed him at 16 and he just turned 17 in September. He started the oral a few days ago and was going to go flying but winds picked up and he decided to discontinue the ride. It was a beautiful day on LI today with winds pretty much right down the runway. Examiner told me his maneuvers and landings were flawless and he is a very safe pilot. 1/1 I have a 100% pass rate:lol:. Next student's check ride is on Wednesday with the same examiner.

PS. I'm the kid to the right. Yes, my student is taller than me.

doug_zpsi7v6lhjo.jpg

Congrats to you both

Congrats to you and your student,good luck on the next one.

Congrats! That first student going for a check ride is a major event!

He passed! I took him from zero hours starting in May, he worked hard and it paid off. I soloed him at 16 and he just turned 17 in September. He started the oral a few days ago and was going to go flying but winds picked up and he decided to discontinue the ride. It was a beautiful day on LI today with winds pretty much right down the runway. Examiner told me his maneuvers and landings were flawless and he is a very safe pilot. 1/1 I have a 100% pass rate:lol:. Next student's check ride is on Wednesday with the same examiner.

doug_zpsi7v6lhjo.jpg

Congrats!!! Wishing you many happy, safe students and a speedy path to the Gold Seal.

Congratulations to both of you! And many happy returns to you. :)

Have you told him about PoA?

Grata btw...

I remember my first. I was sweating bullets. Congratulations flight instructor!

Congrats to both of you! Living the dream is one thing, but sharing it is a whole 'nother level!

Congrats to both of you! Living the dream is one thing, but sharing it is a whole 'nother level!
Yea it's pretty cool that I actually transferred what little knowledge I have to someone else. Examiner made me feel really good and he said I did an excellent job preparing the student and he is a very safe pilot.

I was more nervous than my student he I cut him loose for solo. I had settled down a bit when it came time for his checkride. It's an important milestone for both of you. Congratulations.

Congrats to you and the new pilot! By the way, I now know what school you teach at based on the tail number of the plane in the picture( don't worry your secret- if it is one, is safe with me.) I'm only saying this because I'm a local Long Island pilot so if I ever need an instructor I know where to find you!

Congrats 100% in anything is, well perfect!

Congratulations!!!

You created a pilot. That's a fantastic thing! Congrats to both.

Well done Jordan. I know how much effort you put into developing your students as real pilots..

Congrats to you and the new pilot! By the way, I now know what school you teach at based on the tail number of the plane in the picture( don't worry your secret- if it is one, is safe with me.) I'm only saying this because I'm a local Long Island pilot so if I ever need an instructor I know where to find you!

Congrats 100% in anything is, well perfect!
I think the logo on the certificate and the tail of the plane gave away that secret already :)

Congrats man! Feels good, doesn't it?

Awesome! They seem to come in waves. I'm 7 sign offs in with a 100% pass rate, with 3 more coming up in the next month. Fingers crossed for both of us to keep it!

Awesome! They seem to come in waves. I'm 7 sign offs in with a 100% pass rate, with 3 more coming up in the next month. Fingers crossed for both of us to keep it!
He passed! 2/2 now. I won't have any sign offs for a while.

I don't know why but all of my students are younger and taller than me. Congrats Aron! He is 21 years old and finishing up his last semester of college studying Mechanical Engineering. On a side note, I also broke 1000 hours today.

aron_zpsjoeyni9d.jpeg

Back