I remember a time...

jspilot

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
jspilot
I remember a time when I use to be able to go VFR flying in the Northeast on weekends! Anyone else remember that time? Seems like so long ago it’s hard to clearly remember the details.

Seriously WHAT IS UP WITH THE WEATHER here on Long Island and the Northeast?!?! I’ve had to cancel so many flights this year, especially since September because of weather. Seems like all week long the weather is decent but when the weekend comes the weather is horrid! Next 2 weeeknds look exactly the same.

Up until recently, I thought fall flying was the best time of year to fly. I’m beyond frustrated with this new weather pattern that seems to be here now!

Anyone else having this same experience?

Yup, same here in CT. Fortunately the airport is close enough that I can get in a quick flight between work and dinnertime... until DST ends next week.

The winds have been awful lately. Saturday is a going to be a wash. Sunday might be alright for you.

The weather here in the southeast hasn’t been too forgiving either...and ugh...check it out!

AB49F4C1-892D-4830-96EB-C693A391471E.jpeg

The winds have been awful lately. Saturday is a going to be a wash. Sunday might be alright for you.

Yeah- the issue has been even on marginal days I've been busy. Only have about 1.5 hours in the past month. It's driving me nuts!

Same thing here in the Adirondacks... I haven't been able to fly since Oct 6th. Low ceilings, rain, constant winds/gusts, just generally bad weather for flying. It's common to have systems blow through with an afternoon of moderate winds this time of year, but the sustained stuff is extremely unusual. We have had TWO days of clear skies this month, and BOTH had heavy winds from the West, which makes for very unpleasant flying around here. It's killing me because I can see my airplane from my house, and I just want to go fly. Sometimes I just go down and hang out with it and dream about a single nice day to go flying between now and next Spring... Thank God that humans have no effect on global climate change, because as badly as people screw up everything else they touch, wouldn't it be a complete nightmare if people were given the chance to mess up the planet? ;)

Back