I really need to know this

SkyDog58

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
Canis Non Grata
Ok, this has been causing me a lot of missed sleep as of late so I will ask it here.

If I as sole manipulator of the controls and pro-rata share paying pilot shock cool my engine making a straight-in NORDO approach to an uncontrolled high density altitude airport under special VFR conditions while wearing a CAP uniform can I log the time as PIC even if do not have three full stop landings at night in the past 90 days in a tail dragger burning auto gas and does it matter if it is in a high wing experimental amateur built with steam gauges but without BRS rather than a low wing with a glass panel that has a bad ground on newly installed non TSO LED strobes?

Ok, this has been causing me a lot of missed sleep as of late so I will ask it here.

If I as sole manipulator of the controls and pro-rata share paying pilot shock cool my engine making a straight-in NORDO approach to an uncontrolled high density altitude airport under special VFR conditions while wearing a CAP uniform can I log the time as PIC even if do not have three full stop landings at night in the past 90 days in a tail dragger burning auto gas and does it matter if it is in a high wing experimental amateur built with steam gauges but without BRS rather than a low wing with a glass panel that has a bad ground on newly installed non TSO LED strobes?
Man what a noob question. Are you new or something? (says the user with a handful of posts)

Simple answer - no.

Only becuase you mentioned the loose ground in the non-tso'd led strobes on the alternate aircraft. Had the ground been good, or the strobes TSO'd (with or without a bad ground) I would have said maybe. But this is a clear indication that the wings would not have remained with the fuselage on the alternate aircraft regardless of which plane you wanted to claim PIC in. Unless, you had at least an ATP with an expired medical flying safety pilot in the plane that was taking air to air photographs of you while you were Manipulating the controls of your flight sim (10 or better) and filling out your log book simultaneously.

I hope this clears things up for you.

depends on what color the sky is in your world

You are definitely on the right message board to find out! LOL! :)

no, unless the CAP uniform has stretchy leggings...

Do not put the metal landing calculator in the pocket of your CAP flight suit- It will make your pants come from together.

Log whatever you want, it is your log book.

But you forgot to mention that your medical expired, you don't have a tailwheel endorsement, and you said AAITPPA.
Ha, I should have mentioned no medical due to my anti-psychotic meds.

Hard to say AAITPPA if I am NORDO. Of course, I could have been talking to myself which I frequently do which is how I ended up on those meds in the first place. Oh. TMI?
:p

I hope your ADS-B out was in stealth mode while you were attempting this high risk maneuver.

Everything sounds good except the special VFR nordo into an uncontrolled field. Good luck with that one!

I just don't understand why anyone would get in a plane without a BRS.
It's suicide man.

Well played SkyDog! :D

Was there an African or European Swallow in your downwind?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holy crap, I think that's a para-sentence. Was there a 1G (.5 - 2.5) roll involved?

Last edited:
What does the FAA corporation counsel say?

Back