I passed!

tsts4

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Auburntsts
I passed my IR checkride today! The oral and flight portions were unremarkable so I won’t expound unless someone has a question. Instead here’s a list of particulars associated with my training and the ride itself that might generate some questions which I’ll be glad to answer:

- Went through a part 141 program using the post-9/11 GI Bill
- Sim training was in a Redbird FMX
- Aircraft was a G1000/GFC 700 equipped C-172 SP
- Curriculum was a Cessna Pilot Center/King on-line course (I got a 98 on my written)
- I’m 48 and had about 180 TT (28ish X-country time) when I started my training

I’m glad it’s over as I was about as nervous as I’ve ever been leading up to the ride. I should note that I didn't do this in one go. I did all of the sim time and the written last Fall (2013) and then deployed. Started back up at the end of Aug when I got back. Due to scheduling, a broke plane and other acts of God I last flew 15 days before the ride. During ther down time I studied and used ASA IP Trainer to try and keep my skills, specifically my scan, up to snuff.

Congratulations! Now, keep proficient, not just current, if you plan to fly in IFR conditions!

Congrats,now go out and fly some IFR, set your own minimums.untill you get comfortable in the soup. One of the best ratings I achieved

Nice job. Congratulations

Back