I passed!

Z06_Mir

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Radna
I passed my instrument checkride today. It wasn't easy at all, and I had a lot of complications in the last 5 days or so, but I did it. I am beyond relieved and now I can't wait to use it!

Ehhh I don't know about the narrative... it wasn't pretty at all. But I passed. And I now have 201.8 hours to boot :)

PS. Thanks!

Yeah but...

but...

but...

Fine. Congratulations. /huff

congrats...how long was the ride?

The oral was a little over 3 hours, partially my fault due to some confusing AD's in my plane. My fault, I've only owned it since June and although I knew they were all complied with they weren't organized from being at 3 different shops in 6 months.

The flight was 1.8. I was there from 0730 until 1430 with debriefing. Also had a slight mishap with the airplane... line guy didn't open the hangar quite far enough and knocked the beacon off. not a big deal at all, but took time to get a temp fix on it.

The oral was a little over 3 hours, partially my fault due to some confusing AD's in my plane. My fault, I've only owned it since June and although I knew they were all complied with they weren't organized from being at 3 different shops in 6 months.

The flight was 1.8. I was there from 0730 until 1430 with debriefing. Also had a slight mishap with the airplane... line guy didn't open the hangar quite far enough and knocked the beacon off. not a big deal at all, but took time to get a temp fix on it.
:eek::eek:
Line guy is no longer line guy after that, I hope... could have been a lot more expen$ive.

But congratulations on the rating! It feels good to get that behind you, I'm sure. :cheers:

Now comes the hard part: staying proficient. :yes: Too bad we're not closer or we could safety pilot for each other. It doesn't look like there will be much opportunity for actual this winter. :(

:eek::eek:
Line guy is no longer line guy after that, I hope... could have been a lot more expen$ive.

But congratulations on the rating! It feels good to get that behind you, I'm sure. :cheers:

Now comes the hard part: staying proficient. :yes: Too bad we're not closer or we could safety pilot for each other. It doesn't look like there will be much opportunity for actual this winter. :(

Eh. I'm sure he kept his job. I have worked the line before and accidents happen. This wasn't a biggie. Things happen, it is a cost of doing business. The FBO is doing their part and repairing it and they repaired it to airworthy in time for the ride so whatever. The line guy apologized to me and I'm really not that upset about it. I have been there and I know things happen. It was an accident. And besides, I'm not paying for it anyway :lol:

I'm not too worried about staying proficient. I still need 50hrs to get the commercial, so I need to build at least 25. I plan on flying twice a week within 100 miles or once a week on longer weekend trips. IFR, of course. My boyfriend is about a week out from his IFR ride too, so we actually have built in safety pilots! We are very fortunate in that. :yes:

congrats. It's nice to get that monkey off your back, isn't it?

Ugh. You have no idea. I 'fired' my CFII on Thursday if that gives you any indication of how big that "monkey" was. :eek:

Eh. I'm sure he kept his job. I have worked the line before and accidents happen. This wasn't a biggie. Things happen, it is a cost of doing business. The FBO is doing their part and repairing it and they repaired it to airworthy in time for the ride so whatever. The line guy apologized to me and I'm really not that upset about it. I have been there and I know things happen. It was an accident. And besides, I'm not paying for it anyway :lol:
Their doing right by you definitely helps, I agree. Still, I'm not sure I'd be so forgiving of that mistake. I've never worked the line, but not opening the hangar door far enough when you're pulling out an airplane? That's pretty basic, isn't it? The club I belong to teaches members to open the door all the way whenever they open it at all. That might be a little extreme, but it's a sure way to prevent a costly mistake.
I'm not too worried about staying proficient. I still need 50hrs to get the commercial, so I need to build at least 25. I plan on flying twice a week within 100 miles or once a week on longer weekend trips. IFR, of course. My boyfriend is about a week out from his IFR ride too, so we actually have built in safety pilots! We are very fortunate in that. :yes:
Lucky you! (in more ways than one...) I'm sure you'll both do just fine then. :yes:

Great job!!! Big accomplishment, and now you don't have to worry so bad getting stuck in the soup. :)

:happydance::happydance::rollercoaster:
Congrats!!
Now you have super magic powers like Wonder Woman :wonderwoman: use your powers for good ;). Congrats, Again!

I passed my instrument checkride today. It wasn't easy at all, and I had a lot of complications in the last 5 days or so, but I did it. I am beyond relieved and now I can't wait to use it!

Congratulations!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Fantastic, congratulations! :yes:

Congratulations! Aside from the ATP, I suspect there isn't a more brain-challenging checkride than the IR checkride!

Congratulations! Aside from the ATP, I suspect there isn't a more brain-challenging checkride than the IR checkride!

Thank you! And I sure hope that the commercial is more brain friendly. Yesterday I never wanted to take another check ride again...now I'm trying to figure out the most efficient way to build time and start the commercial!im a glutton for punishment I suppose.

It's a tremendous relief to have that ride behind you. BTDT. Congratulations. Now go get it wet.

Congrats! Go out and do some long XCs now - like a 1,000 miler or two. You'll learn LOTS.
Thank you!I have done 1 1,000 miler with a CFII friend. I learned a lot. And I'll be doing it again in May but likely without the friend unless he wants to just come visit. :D

It's a tremendous relief to have that ride behind you. BTDT. Congratulations. Now go get it wet.

Thank you!

Today even though it was a beautiful CAVU day I filed from KCHD to KRYN back to KCHD. I filed direct and got it on the way back (did a round robin) but not on the way to RYN. So I was flying what they told me to (V105 all the way there after TFD) and they came on and said "We show you're supposed to be direct RYN but your'e not?". I knew I was in the right, and then they cleared me direct which was easier anyway. Overall a great experience, did the ILS 6R into RYN and even though it doesn't count for currency since I was alone and it was VMC it was good learning experience!

Best part of the flight though was coming back at 8,000... about 500ft below me I get traffic called "Traffic to your 10'oclock they'll pass under you." looked over... 2 F16's in formation! Thank you Davis-Mothem AFB!! What an awesome treat. :yes:

Back