I passed my Checkride

Tristar

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Tristar
Well I passed my checkride with the FAA guy in the back but just by an ounce of luck. I screwed up a couple things but I think it was okay because I found the problems and tried my best to fix them I did the best I could, and the examiner let me pass. So I'm happy about having a new "temporary" in my hands but still talked to my instructor about practicing in some actual when we get the chance. I'm not perfect but I believe I wholey deserve the right to learn.

Last edited:
You passed, that's all that matters, congrats.

I'm with Ed. Way to go Tris.

Now, go fly it until you're more comfortable.

alright!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

good work tri!

woohoo!!

A HEARTY "CONGRATULATIONS!" is in order! Well done! And you're right, you (and that's ALL of us) DO need to keep practicing and training after the rating!

Nice!!

Congrats!! Now go find some clouds to play in. :D

Great job! Demonstrating your ability to catch and correct mistakes is a very good thing on a checkride.

Congratulations! :cheerswine:

As you said, you now have a license to keep learning. Go for it!

Well I passed my checkride with the FAA guy in the back but just by an ounce of luck. I screwed up a couple things but I think it was okay because I found the problems and tried my best to fix them I did the best I could, and the examiner let me pass. So I'm happy about having a new "temporary" in my hands but still talked to my instructor about practicing in some actual when we get the chance. I'm not perfect but I believe I wholey deserve the right to learn.

If you want perfection, you'd better have nail holes in your hands!

You passed, which means two, count 'em, two double-dog-dare FAA examiners pronounce you safe for instrument flight.

That is way more than good enough for me. And, because you'll never fall into the trap of believing you're perfect, and thus will never stop learning, you'll just get better.

We all sigh, with relief, with you.

Congratulations, well-earned congratulations. :yes:

Nobody "lets" you pass -- you passed because you demonstrated that you are good enough to be trusted to fly in the IFR system. Everyone makes mistakes, and what's important is that you picked up and dealt with them, rather than letting them bury you. Well done!

WooHOO!!!! :D :rollercoaster: :cheers:

Nice work! Ya did it in one less checkride than many... ;)

And now you have more ratings than Jesse. Naah naah... ;)

Great job! Demonstrating your ability to catch and correct mistakes is a very good thing on a checkride.

Exactly right!!!

Just curious Tristan, why was the FAA guy in the back of the plane? Was he evaluating the DPE?

Way to go Tristan!!!!

Isn't the feeling of relief after that ride just the coolest feeling? Go forth and keep learning.

Let's see......since you have the IFR and Jesse doesn't, you get full time PIC!!!!!! YeeHaw!!!! :D

Big Congrats!

Way to go, Tristan!!! I agree: The federales don't "let" you have that piece of paper; you earned it.

Jim

I am very proud of your Tristan. I'm sure you earned the ticket, especially with the FAA guy in the backseat.

Funny though, I thought Ron said you'd fail the GPS thing? :rolleyes:

Great job. That's my next goal. Got the lessons going, need to get ready for the writen.

Back