I need software...Any Ideas...?

Sticky1

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Sticky1
I have video of seawind flights I want to post to photobucket however, they can only take a certian file size. I need to cut the files down....

I am L@@King for a freeware program that will do this.

Does it handle MP4 files? My new video camera creates them and the only software I have to handle it is their crappy bundled software.

Does it handle MP4 files? My new video camera creates them and the only software I have to handle it is their crappy bundled software.
I don't think so, Ken. As I recall, MP4 is still pretty proprietary and, while it will play some audio and video formats, Irfanview's editing/cropping/resizing abilities are pretty much confined to the static graphic formats.

MP4 is just Mpeg 4 which is an open standard, however there may be some proprietary compression algorithms that you can use in mp4 that are not, so be careful.

MP4 is just Mpeg 4 which is an open standard, however there may be some proprietary compression algorithms that you can use in mp4 that are not, so be careful.
The problem I am having is finding video editing software that will open an MP4 file. The camcorder does not save in any other format, nor does the stinky proprietary bundled software.

Back