I need a little help

bobmrg

En-Route
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
Bob Gardner
Would anyone who flies a technically advanced airplane in South Florida PM me? Thanks.

Bob Gardner

Say What?;)

Jus kiddin. Thanks!

It's those darn Floridians, I am in Ohio and can't help, not that i have an advanced aircraft.

I'm amazed at the lack of response.

Bob
What do you consider "technically advanced"? I doubt my 67 Bonanza qualifies.

Perhaps if you gave a clue about what you are needing and why, you may get more responses.

And the title of the thread was a little vague. If I didn't know who you were I would probably have never clicked on it. An occasional "bump" may help too.

I fly a Mirage with retroed glass. Not in FL. Is that what you mean by equipped?

I do feel a Marathon trip for Mahi coming on though.

TAA generally means some form of glass, including retrofits (e.g. Aspen Evolution). It may or may not be combined with a GPS or autopilot.

I have access to a TAA, but you (a) have to be a CAP member, and (b) have to be in California. It's a nice 182T Nav III, though.

Perhaps if you gave a clue about what you are needing and why, you may get more responses.

And the title of the thread was a little vague. If I didn't know who you were I would probably have never clicked on it. An occasional "bump" may help too.

If you put a G-600 and 750 (or even a 430w) in it, it would count.

No. I misinterpreted your conjunctions.

Yeah, sorry. I believe the glass flight instrument display is required to be considered TAA. Have you gotten the Airstream Bluetooth for the 530 so you can use Garmin Pilot to work it on a GTN interface? That's the best deal Garmin has ever offered, and will likely cause Avidyne's slide in replacement boxes to fail.

Paul flies many planes with many panels...I was looking for an owner. My interest is in ICAO routings.

Bob

Glass, WAAS. My question is about ICAO and routing.

Definitions are an interesting subject...I was talking to a guy in AFS-240 yesterday about the FAA definition of "limited technology" as used in an Information Bulletin. No definition exists, of course.

Bob

The FAA definition of a TAA is any aircraft equipped with a moving-map GPS coupled to an autopilot. Basically, if one has a Cherokee with a KLN89b coupled to a Century I autopilot, that meets the FAA definition (posted below). However, I'm assuming that you are asking about a "glass-panel" equipped aircraft G500/600, G1000, Avidyne, etc.

(AC 61-83F) By definition, a Technically Advanced Aircraft is a general aviation aircraft that contains a GPS navigator with a moving map display, plus any additional systems. Traditional systems such as autopilots when combined with GPS navigators are included.

Last edited:
The FAA definition of a TAA is any aircraft equipped with a moving-map GPS coupled to an autopilot. Basically, if one has a Cherokee with a KLN89b coupled to a Century I autopilot, that meets the FAA definition (posted below). However, I'm assuming that you are asking about a "glass-panel" equipped aircraft G500/600, G1000, Avidyne, etc.

(AC 61-83F) By definition, a Technically Advanced Aircraft is a general aviation aircraft that contains a GPS navigator with a moving map display, plus any additional systems. Traditional systems such as autopilots when combined with GPS navigators are included.
From that definition, it sounds like merely having a 430 would qualify.

I fly a Mirage with retroed glass. Not in FL. Is that what you mean by equipped?

I do feel a Marathon trip for Mahi coming on though.

Take me with you.

Seriously I do love offshore fishing, own an albemarle and go every chance I get.

Take me with you.

Seriously I do love offshore fishing, own an albemarle and go every chance I get.

I have a Glacier Bay on a boatlift behind my house on Topsail. It got wet only once so far this season. I was hoping to get to the obx for some Cobia before they are all gone.

That's tough for rentals, I only know Dean's down there and they have all old trainers. Call Peninsula Avioncs there, he'd know.

I have made a contact in Ft. Lauderdale and he has been quite helpful. Nothing I have written so far will withstand the attack of CTRL-X.

Bob

There is Dare to Dream at KFXE that operates Cirrus planes, I'm not currently down there and haven't flown with them, but they have TAA equipment in SoFL...

http://www.flydaretodream.com

Damn technology!! I write books for people working on certificates and ratings without the use of external devices/software like fltplan, ForeFlight, etc, and the nice folks at Dare to Dream use these shortcut methods (and I would, too, in their situation). I'm handcuffed by "do it the FAA way," and my options are limited. I was contacted by two south Florida pilots, both of whom fly in the flight levels, and my target audience flies pistons.

Who said that life had to be fair?

Bob

I have made a contact in Ft. Lauderdale and he has been quite helpful. Nothing I have written so far will withstand the attack of CTRL-X.

Bob

If you need more, I can put you in contact with my buddy Ira, he used to CFI out of Tamiami.

I would like to help,however I summer in the north east. In the winter I fly out of Sarasota. Looks like you have it covered.

Back