I miss the 4 Panel Surface Prognostic Charts of DUATS

Joegoersch

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
JoeGoersch
DUATS used to have, before it was decommissioned, a really nice weather product--the four panel surface prognostic chart. I really liked it for long range (2-3 days in advance) flight planning. Now that DUATS is no more, does anyone know of a site where you can see all 4 panels on one page ?

Thanks !

Are you needing it printed out on paper? Aviationweather.gov has the 2-panel low-level prog chart, and the surface plot is just a button click away.

Just screen would be fine
Are you needing it printed out on paper? Aviationweather.gov has the 2-panel low-level prog chart, and the surface plot is just a button click away.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

The four channel prog was always a traditional NWS product. As Sooner says, it's still there on the aviationweather.gov site.

The leidos site (1800wxbrief.com) has them as well.

I liked DUATS as well but yes, you can set up your 18000wxbrief to show the same. Go to Pilot Dashboard and then edit favorites. I set mine up so it opens to the Dashboard.

I will try that. I do see the four surface prognosis charts but they're not all displayed at once on 1800wxbrief . I rather like seeing them all together to see how the weather was progressing
I liked DUATS as well but yes, you can set up your 18000wxbrief to show the same. Go to Pilot Dashboard and then edit favorites. I set mine up so it opens to the Dashboard.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Those things are my arch-nemesis on my PPL practice tests. :mad2: Well those and the VOR questions of course.

Back