I Miss Alaska Themed Shows

tinerj

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
tinerj
For three golden years I watched the Twetos and Buffalo Airways. I really do miss those shows. Is anything on the air to replace them?

For three golden years I watched the Twetos and Buffalo Airways. I really do miss those shows. Is anything on the air to replace them?

I miss it as well.. its one of the few reality shows I watched other than the crabbing one. There is that ice pilots show, I just haven't watched it yet, but it sounds like its just another American CHoppers type show but with airplanes..

Ice Pilots NWT is excellent, no way can you compare it to American Chopper. If you don't mind using Bittorrent you can download all four seasons off Pirate Bay. Same goes for Flying Wild Alaska

Not that I would condone such activity :nono:

It seemed like the last episode left it open for another group to spin off of Flying Wild Alaska, but I haven't seen anything more.

Cool, i'll try ice pilots NWT then! Viva la torrent!

Ice Pilots NWT is available on-line at

http://www.icepilots.com/

This is the one that I called Buffalo Airways, so it's not something new for me. I've already seen all of the episodes.

Wild west guns, I think that is the name, gunshop in AK. No flying but a bunch of AK stuff. My 8 year old daughter for some reason loves Buying AK which is a reality show about folks shopping for cabins in AK, about half the time the buyer is a pilot and they show floatplane arrivals at the various houses.

I thought for a second there that "AK" was in reference to certain Russian rifles. Re-read that in those terms and its hilarious.

I've seen a few episodes of "Buying Alaska" ... one had Jason Elam and his wife on it.

figured that would read that way but was to lazy to type out Alaska

Flying wild seems t get run in big marathons now and then, then not at all for months.

If you're really jonesing for some Alaksa Videos, then someone needs to sponsor a video camera for our "Henning in Training", David White.

With his youth and sense of adventure, there could be some good stuff.

The Weather Channel is still airing "Coast Guard Alaska". Not in the true vein of "reality" TV however as nothing is staged and the difficulties encountered don't have to be hyped...... because it IS just as spooky as it looks. BTDT :yesnod:

I still dont get why they had to go and cancel these shows! They were toooooo goood!

These shows are CRAP! The people and places are great but the shows suck! But, What do I know? I have only lived here 35 years with all of them involved in Aviation north of the Alaska Range.:dunno:

My Opinion!

There was a series based out in Africa for Bush pilots .. worth a watch "bush pilots" based on following people going through the hiring process to become bush pilots..

Mike

These shows are CRAP! The people and places are great but the shows suck! But, What do I know? I have only lived here 35 years with all of them involved in Aviation north of the Alaska Range.:dunno:

My Opinion!

You got that right.

Have you seen "Yukon Men". :rofl::rofl:

What a bunch of losers. Complete losers. :rofl:

My Opinion!

I watched on mute for the x-wind takeoffs and landings

I agree. Those shows were very interesting. Time for some new ones.

Outside Flying Wild Alaska, aren't the rest of those based in Canada? Or did we annex Canada as part of Alaska now?

I used the word "themed" to indicate shows similar to the Twetos, and I specifically mentioned Buffalo Airways (Ice Pilots NWT.) I post briefly and let others provide trivial details that annoy others because of their anal-retentiveness.

I do, wish, however, that someone wold explain why they think those shows or "crap."

I used the word "themed" to indicate shows similar to the Twetos, and I specifically mentioned Buffalo Airways (Ice Pilots NWT.) I post briefly and let others provide trivial details that annoy others because of their anal-retentiveness.

I do, wish, however, that someone wold explain why they think those shows or "crap."

The same reason 99% of reality tv shows are crap. These just have better scenery.

Friends of mine were just filmed for Buying Alaska. As both buyers and sellers. In the real world they are neither selling their cabin, nor are they interested in buying anything else. They do, however, make for good TV.

We know a couple of guys that were on one of the homebuying shows, they had to have the condo under contract BEFORE the filming of the show!:dunno: It's funny when you know the people involved, because you see the made up drama that seems to be a part of these shows! :mad2:
The same reason 99% of reality tv shows are crap. These just have better scenery.

Friends of mine were just filmed for Buying Alaska. As both buyers and sellers. In the real world they are neither selling their cabin, nor are they interested in buying anything else. They do, however, make for good TV.

You know, 90% of real life (true-life reality) is crap. So if reality itself is crap, I'm happy that reality shows try to avoid that and present their subject in the most interesting way.

I'd much rather watch an interesting show about flying than a long, boring, slow march through accurate real life.

I loved my time in Alaska, and miss it. Flying Wild Alaska reminded of of that place so I liked it. I know it was a bit hyped up but I enjoyed it none the less.

I loved my time in Alaska, and miss it. Flying Wild Alaska reminded of of that place so I liked it. I know it was a bit hyped up but I enjoyed it none the less.

That is the exact reason I watch Coast Guard Alaska. Alaska offers some of the most beautiful and challenging flying anywhere on the planet. I have to agree that most of the "reality" shows are over hyped and over produced. No wonder the media can't get a grip when reporting anything aviation related.

Back