I met the King and Queen of Aviation today.

Tony_Scarpelli

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Tony_Scarpelli
Something was stirring in Wichita, KS as there were a few dozen jets on the ramp. Turned out there are two things going on. One is a fundraiser with top state/Fed republicans and the other is Yingling Aircraft hosted a Cessna meeting of some sort. So I met John and Martha King as they were readying their jet. Very nice and down to earth folks. I thanked them for their PPL Videos and saving me a bunch of money and trouble.

It was barely a year ago I met Harrison Ford as he stopped for fuel for his Jet.

How was Harrison Ford? I heard he is very reserved in person.

He was fairly regular type guy. Didn't seem to mind our coming up to him and shaking his hand. Shorter in person, I almost didn't recognize him. He stopped and talked to us a few minutes before preflighting his jet.

Something was stirring in Wichita, KS as there were a few dozen jets on the ramp. Turned out there are two things going on. One is a fundraiser with top state/Fed republicans and the other is Yingling Aircraft hosted a Cessna meeting of some sort. So I met John and Martha King as they were readying their jet. Very nice and down to earth folks. I thanked them for their PPL Videos and saving me a bunch of money and trouble.
It was barely a year ago I met Harrison Ford as he stopped for fuel for his Jet.

I think they're both Kings! :D

I was at their office in SD in May. My contact there said they flew the Falcon, but I could be wrong....they used to have a Citation.

Their plane parked next to my Warrior on the ramp at Omaha about a month ago when I was there to pick up my wife. Tail number was N10F. Exchanged a few comments with John as we were preflighting to leave.

Their plane parked next to my Warrior on the ramp at Omaha about a month ago when I was there to pick up my wife. Tail number was N10F. Exchanged a few comments with John as we were preflighting to leave.
bp6n10f.jpg

Falcon 10... The nose gear is an easy dead giveaway. Few aircraft have a trailing link nose gear.

Is John (King) compensating for something flying that thing?! :)

Is John (King) compensating for something flying that thing?! :)

Are you saying that if you had the money and “justification” you wouldn't have your own jet?

Back