I messed up - night approach

I’m sure some are unaware. What some people don’t know would scare you. Or perhaps not... depends on your tolerance.
It used to scare me when I’d point to the answer in the AFM or checklist when asking a question on the oral, and the applicant still couldn’t figure it out.

It doesn’t scare me anymore...unless I’m near an airplane that somebody else is flying. ;)

Another timely post, as I intend to get night current again this weekend. Only been 10 years since my last night flight :eek: I like the advice above about doing a round robin. Thankfully there are 3 airports within short distance of each other down I-10, should make for a quick and easy out-and-back.

Airline pilot voice ON: " Uhhhhhhhh, annnnd TOWER, can you turn the runway lights on FULL"

Should be able to see the REILs, but our Class C turns those down to nothing as well. Was on a SWA flight last year and they lined up on the Biggs Field (military) airport 3 miles north as the REILs there were bright (but no runway lights) ... they figured it out at about 500 AGL ... told the passenger next to me we'd be on the city tour go-around in about 90 seconds LONG before based on the approach

Aren't there airports in the Bahamas / Caribbean and elsewhere in the world that simply don't have any kind of approach procedure? Strictly visual only?
We have those in the US too.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back