I love Redbird...

Was this shot with tilt-shift? It has the "this is a model" look you get from tilt-shift photography

Dad and I took a ride in Fifi a few years ago. If you have a chance, do it. You'll quickly forget the ticket price but you'll never forget the experience.

Looking at the clean lines of the B-29 reminds me of what a break through design it was in its day. What a beauty!

Was this shot with tilt-shift? It has the "this is a model" look you get from tilt-shift photography
I’m not a photoshop expert, but the tail shadows do not seem to match up.
Vertical stab looks sun opposite of horizontal.

Again, not a trained eye here so I could be very wrong.

I have no idea what "tilt-shift" is, nor do I care. What was posted were some really good shots of a beautifully restored WWII aircraft. Even a technologically challenged dinosaur such as I am, can appreciate the high resolution images that even my I-phone can produce.

I’m not a photoshop expert, but the tail shadows do not seem to match up.
Vertical stab looks sun opposite of horizontal.

Again, not a trained eye here so I could be very wrong.
???????????????

I have no idea what "sun opposite" is supposed to mean, but the shadows look perfectly normal to me. Why's the world gotta be full of conspiracies?

I believe that "B-24" is more likely a C-87 "Liberator Express transport". Regardless of sub-type, those are some great photographs.

..since tilt shift came up, it's a way to photograph things to make real world life size objects seem like they're models, it basically exaggerates the 'zoom differential' from the foreground to the background as if you were a giant looking down at the world (or a normal sized person photographing a model diorama). You can do varying degrees of this exaggeration to suit the photographer's needs, here's a somewhat extreme example
upload_2022-10-27_11-14-49.png

I have no idea what "tilt-shift" is, nor do I care. What was posted were some really good shots of a beautifully restored WWII aircraft. Even a technologically challenged dinosaur such as I am, can appreciate the high resolution images that even my I-phone can produce.

I believe that "B-24" is more likely a C-87 "Liberator Express transport". Regardless of sub-type, those are some great photographs.

I have no idea what the difference is between a B-24 and a C-87, nor do I care. What was posted were some really good shots of a beautifully restored WWII aircraft.

Even a warbird ignorant person such as I am, can appreciate the high resolution images that even my GoogIe Pixel can produce.

:D

That’s been gone over, and over, and over especially on the Warbirds Information Exchange. It’s a B-24.

According to the aircraft's owner (CAF) Diamond Lil was never a B-24, nor to my chagrin, a C-87. Diamond Lil was originally built for the British, using their designation LB-30, but never served the British in that capacity. The aircraft was damaged in a training accident in the U.S. and eventually found itself back under ownership of the Consolidated Aircraft Company in San Diego. The aircraft was considered too badly damaged to have been placed back in the LB-30 configuration; consequently, it was modified and served as the prototype for the C-87 Liberator Express.

Here's a link to the CAF description of Diamond Lil's history:

https://commemorativeairforce.org/aircraft/3

Diamond Lil was painted up in the war paint of the WWII B-24 Liberator, Diamond Lil and tours as a B-24. After all, who really knows what an LB-30/C-87 is anyway? I'd never even heard of an LB-30 before I started researching this.

Well, actually…. Isn’t this fun?!!

The American AirPower Heritage Foundation owns it. Just sayin….

An LB-30 is a B-24A. That’s like arguing that a Mustang MkI isn’t a P-51A…

Back