I love my Cherokee but..

Timbeck2

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Timbeck2
I've gotta get a faster plane. OR only attend fly-ins with Piper Cubs and Cessna 150s.

Two members took off after me leaving Havasu (KHII) and both were home drinking a beer before I got to the airport. Jeff's 172 and Chris' 235. Not a fair fight in horsepower, I get it but sheesh. :(

Eh, I wasn't quite drinking beer yet; still driving after putting the plane away. It looks like I beat you by around 30 minutes. I did veer a bit south of the direct course this time though. :)

On the flip side, I probably burned 25-30% more gas than you did.

Do itttttt

2Bellancas2%20small.jpg

fbcfb0de828cb4ea294200932dc47fa6.jpg

Tailwindtaxi.jpg

Lots of easily obtainable options ;)

Only a good friend indeed would try to make one feel better with fuel burn numbers. Thanks Chris. :)

I've gotta get a faster plane. OR only attend fly-ins with Piper Cubs and Cessna 150s.

Two members took off after me leaving Havasu (KHII) and both were home drinking a beer before I got to the airport. Jeff's 172 and Chris' 235. Not a fair fight in horsepower, I get it but sheesh. :(

Flying is the journey. If you’re in a hurry then you don’t love flying. ‘Murica! :)

Wanna go for 17gph ? ;-)

Well I'm three deep in a growler of beer right now but 8.7 vs 17. You might burn more fuel but you get there faster. You save money on fuel but you take 1/3 more time to get there. I wonder if anyone ever did the break even math.

Well I'm three deep in a growler of beer right now but 8.7 vs 17. You might burn more fuel but you get there faster. You save money on fuel but you take 1/3 more time to get there. I wonder if anyone ever did the break even math.

I plan at 155 to 160ktas. Just sayin'.

You can do the math.

Simple (and cheaper) fix - Bring a beer with you while you fly!

I did. I bought a growler at Hangar 24 plus a tee shirt. The growler had one of those bail type tops and they secured it with electrical tape. It leaked but the good news is that my new shirt soaked up all the beer.

I just did this...We love our Cherokee but flying to Dallas once a month we just needed something faster. So we bought a bonanza. And shaves an hour off the flight using the same amount of fuel.

120kts at 15GPH

Id love to fly do some touch and goes on lake havasu, that is one fun lake!

Oh I love flying alright. I just don't love seeing Chris pass me on the left, and Jeff pass me on the right.

But they’re burning more fuel as they go by. Basically, they’re passing gas. Of course, burning fewer gph doesn’t save much if it takes you twice as many hours to go anywhere... And why are you looking out the window to even see them pass you? Shouldn't you be head-down in the cockpit playing with your iPad?

I did. I bought a growler at Hangar 24 plus a tee shirt. The growler had one of those bail type tops and they secured it with electrical tape. It leaked but the good news is that my new shirt soaked up all the beer.
Sweet, just wring it out straight into your mouth!

But they’re burning more fuel as they go by. Basically, they’re passing gas. Of course, burning fewer gph doesn’t save much if it takes you twice as many hours to go anywhere... And why are you looking out the window to even see them pass you? Shouldn't you be head-down in the cockpit playing with your iPad?

I love flying around, looking a Christmas lights, fall foliage, etc and my Cherokee suits me just fine. Cross country though, I'd love something faster. I saw them on the IPad and then saw them out the window.

Sweet, just wring it out straight into your mouth!

For some reason I don't think beer mixed with Vietnamese* sweat shop goo would taste very good.

* took a guess, don't know where it was made and its in the dryer as I type this.

Edit: just looked, Mexico

You have an alibi ... you were being vectored by ATC all over heck'n'gone to avoid some mad scientist with a rocket launcher!

You have an alibi ... you were being vectored by ATC all over heck'n'gone to avoid some mad scientist with a rocket launcher!

This is true but I also heard them vector you to avoid me right after I called you in sight. But I'll take it. It was ATC's fault..yeah, that it!

I've gotta get a faster plane. OR only attend fly-ins with Piper Cubs and Cessna 150s. Two members took off after me leaving Havasu (KHII) and both were home drinking a beer before I got to the airport. Jeff's 172 and Chris' 235. Not a fair fight in horsepower, I get it but sheesh. :(

I'll take you up in the Bonanza one of these days and spoil you. 170 KTAS on 12.5 GPH. Over 1,100 lb useful load, air conditioning . . .

I know your pain. I think that since getting ads-b in, I have yet to see a plane on my iPad flying slower than me.

Reminds me of the time my instructor and I flew backwards in a 152 during my ppl training. Winds aloft were around 43 kts, so we were able to go in reverse.

Back