I love aircraft noise

I know it is cliche, but I actually do love the smell of Jet A in the morning.

I heard the beautiful sound of a couple of radials over my neighborhood this weekend!

There's a Stearman at my home drome and boy does it sound nice! :yes:

I bust out of the house whenever I hear round engines flying by. Occasionally I'm rewarded by the sight of FiFi flying over on approach to KADS.

Which is way cool. :D

My friends make fun of me becuase when ever I hear an airplane I always run to go look :redface:

Was working at the hangar the other day when a P-51 spent some time beating up the runway.:)

Cheers

T6s or SNJs probably, painted like Zeros.

Dunno. Sounded like radial engines. Friend told me there were about 6 - 8 of them at ECP the week before the airshow at Tyndall AFB.

Seemed unlikely to me. But I have no idea how many are still flying.

Big noise a minute ago. Three Chinooks just passed by my open window...Airpark Living!

I was thinking you were going to tell us the Navion was back in the air.
How's that coming along?

Dunno. Sounded like radial engines. Friend told me there were about 6 - 8 of them at ECP the week before the airshow at Tyndall AFB.

Seemed unlikely to me. But I have no idea how many are still flying.

Sounds like Tora Tora Tora Airshow flyers. Bunch of T-6/SNJ made up to look like zeros and others used at Pearl Harbor.

Cheers

My friends make fun of me becuase when ever I hear an airplane I always run to go look :redface:
My office looks out over the runway (as will the living room when we get that done). We designed the house to have the proper view (the hangar is around on the side).

I was thinking you were going to tell us the Navion was back in the air.
How's that coming along?
The guys out in Nebraska are fixing the wing and waiting for Continental to ship me a new engine.

I know it is cliche, but I actually do love the smell of Jet A in the morning.
I work with it (and 100LL) every day. Gotta say I like the smell in the morning. But not in the afternoon or evening which tends to happen if you get it on you.

I bust out of the house whenever I hear round engines flying by. Occasionally I'm rewarded by the sight of FiFi flying over on approach to KADS.

Which is way cool. :D
I got to bring a GPU to the museum for FIFI and help them with landing gear cycling! And you know, go inside and look around and stuff.

Even on the ramp surrounded by planes and working right next to a runway I still look at every plane!

Was working at the hangar the other day when a P-51 spent some time beating up the runway.:)

Cheers
Gotten to fuel up a C-47, A-26, F-80, you name it! And of course watch them all take off. F-18 and Harrier were parked on the ramp as well. Never a dull moment.

Back