I lost my bride this morning.

Bob...Tom and I are so sorry to hear about Essie. I can't imagine how hard this must be for you. You are in our thoughts and prayers. Hugs across the miles......

Bob, i am so sorry to hear of your loss. Our prayers for you that you find comfort in your memories of Essie.
We are all blessed by your stories here and I thank you for sharing them.

Most heartfelt condolences. Please remember to take care of yourself, this is a very difficult time for you.

Bob, I'm so sorry to hear that. You seemed to have something really special together.

Both of you are certainly in my thoughts and prayers. I'm glad you had so many good years together.

Did you get the other lesson? :lol:

Good times Bob, great memories. Great video! Bug splatters and all! You do love to fly! :lol:

I really enjoyed your write up! What a trip and what a great destination airport. Did they ever rebuild after the fire?

They haven't rebuilt the lodge and I don't know if they ever will. The property belongs to the USFS and they had a lease on the lodge. I think the location and the red tape will prevent rebuilding. It is a crying shame that they don't rebuild. This was our favorite place to fly into. It was just beautiful.

I'm very sorry for your loss Bob. My prayers are with you and your family.

I'm so sorry for your loss. In an age when the average marriage doesn't last 60 months, your marriage is to be celebrated. My deepest condolences to you and your family.

Amen to that! The world could use more long, wonderful marriages like Bob and Essie's.

My deepest sympathies to you Bob. You're in my prayers.

I wish I could come up with some great and profound words that would make all OK, but I can't.

You have my best wishes.

-John

I'm so very sorry for your loss. I've been with my bride since high school, so we'll be 31 years together this year. I know I'm headed to where you are now and I dread the day. It's great to see that you're already posting pictures and videos that celebrate the times you had. This is a very positive way to cope I think. Keep it up if you can. We love the photos and would like to celebrate her life with you through this medium.

I am so sorry to hear about Essie's passing, Bob. The love you have for her can be felt even through this impersonal medium. May God give you peace as you move on with the next stage of your life here. Hopefully the memories can alleviate some of the loneliness. For now, you need to focus on Bob. Hopefully your friends around you physically there and electronically here can help in some small ways.

Bob, I don't have the right words, but know that I'm keeping you in my thoughts as you deal with this tremendous loss.

She's safe in the arms of the angels...
So sorry for your loss.

Bob,

I'm so very sorry for your loss. I can't imagine the pain you must feel, as I can't imagine the joy you brought to each other and everyone around you for so many years. You are both an inspiration to us all. Thank you.

To give you that never knew her an idea of what she was like, this is a little sketch that my youngest daughter Beckie wrote about her mother. I think she hit the nail right on the head.

Attachments

• mom by Beckie.doc
    3.6 KB · Views: 34
bob I dont know you but by the posts here it appears you have many friends and support.
I am deeply sorry to hear of your loss. We will keep you and your family in our prayers.
Lynn

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I've though many times about how painful it would be to lose my wife, and I cringed inside when I saw your post. This is the "other side of the coin" when finding someone you can love with all of your heart.

You are in my thoughts.

Bob, best wishes to you and your family. We're all here for you.

I believe she's at peace and still very much with you. Take care

I'm so sorry for your loss, Bob.
After reading the recent thread about how this place has become mean spirited, I see this thread and know that in the end we will be alright after all.
Your loss is a loss for us all.

What an incredible marriage and example! My prayers are with you.

John

Bob,
My deepest prayers and thoughts go out to you both. God bless you and keep you, always and forever.....

To give you that never knew her an idea of what she was like, this is a little sketch that my youngest daughter Beckie wrote about her mother. I think she hit the nail right on the head.

I'm sorry for your loss. I bet your daughter Beckie has some of that "spunk" she writes about!

My condolences...
You have always been very generous here, sharing your experiences, and we have enjoyed your stories. Sharing the bad stuff is a small price to pay for that.
If you just remember to carry on and be happy, as she would want you to, everything will be OK.

Truly sorry to hear of your loss. My bride passed away just 100 days short of our 25th wedding anniversary. Unfortunately you are not alone. Sorry to welcome you to this club that none of us volunteered to join. You will someday emerge from the fog of grief and we'll be here to greet you. It is impossible for you to believe it now but someday you will not feel this pain. You will always remember the pain, but eventually it will no longer be something you feel every waking moment.

Bob, I hope you remember what made her so special to you and keep that with you. Losing a loved one is never easy. Best to you.

I'm very sorry to hear this, Bob. Prayers for you and your family.

As I reread these condolences I realize what a great group of supporters I have on my forums. I am going to post some pictures of us and of her. It has been three years now and it is finally getting easier.

Attachments

• Mrs. Bement - airport limo.jpg
    Mrs. Bement - airport limo.jpg
    439.5 KB · Views: 133
  • Me and Essie Starting from IL. to Or. (800x534).jpg
    Me and Essie Starting from IL. to Or. (800x534).jpg
    269.6 KB · Views: 135
  • Us and towers.jpg
    Us and towers.jpg
    265 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_0705.JPG
    IMG_0705.JPG