I lost my bride this morning.

I have a couple more that tells the story a little better.

Attachments

• DSC00078.JPG
    DSC00078.JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 99
  • scan0014.jpg
    scan0014.jpg
    276.3 KB · Views: 95
  • scan0023.jpg
    scan0023.jpg
    423 KB · Views: 96
  • 097.JPG
    097.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 98
So sorry for your loss,may she rest in peace.

The last of the pictures. Essie was a hard worker she wasn't afraid to get her hands dirty, whether getting wood, helping put a bathroom in the basement of our house, She was a worker. She was a great cook, and did great things with crafts and quilts.. Plus she had a great hand in raising three beautiful children that we were blessed with. She made the Mr. and Mrs Santa Claus and the one picture I included of our daughter Beckie at the Minam lodge was taken shortly after her mother had passed away. She was looking over the meadow in deep thought.

Attachments

• 103.JPG
    103.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 65
  • 052.JPG
    052.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 66
  • 126.JPG
    126.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_4207.JPG
    IMG_4207.JPG
    967.9 KB · Views: 65
Great pictures and great memories, Bob.

Thanks for sharing. I'm glad for the times you had, and that the time you have now is getting a little easier for you.

Three years already. Glad to hear you are doing better.

I missed the picture of Beckie here it is.

Attachments

• Beckie at the Minam..JPG
    Beckie at the Minam..JPG
    6.6 MB · Views: 52
  • Bob Bement.jpg
    Bob Bement.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 49
  • Essie's Vacation Quilt..JPG
    Essie's Vacation Quilt..JPG
    1 MB · Views: 42
As I reread these condolences I realize what a great group of supporters I have on my forums. I am going to post some pictures of us and of her. It has been three years now and it is finally getting easier.

Bless you, Bob. I have witnessed how difficult it is to lose a lifetime love. It has been four years last month since my mom passed away, and my dad still mourns her loss. They had 58 years together.

Bob, we've shared airspace. It's horrible when someone is ripped from you. Time does help. Hang in there Bro.

I'm glad that it is getting easier for you, although I am sure it will never be "Easy".

I'm so sorry, Bob. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Rich

Bob, I have never had the pleasure of meeting you or your dear wife, but I bet she is smiling at you even now. She is just on a little journey without you for a time and then one day you will take the same journey and see her again. In between she would want you to live your life to the fullest and enjoy all that you can. She will wait to greet you in a better place. I wish you peace and happiness.

Randy

Lost my wife of 40 years in March. I know how tough it is. I'm still a wreck and haven't gotten back in the plane yet but maybe sometime soon. Maybe it will help me.

I still remember the day you told us you lost your Essie like it was yesterday Bob. I never met her, but she had an effect on me, and I'm sure many here.

Glad you're taking those trips down memory lane and sharing the photos. Be well.

Lost my wife of 40 years in March. I know how tough it is. I'm still a wreck and haven't gotten back in the plane yet but maybe sometime soon. Maybe it will help me.

Didn't know this happened, but please accept my deepest condolences.

Thank you for sharing these pictures and memories Bob. I never met Essie but I remember you speaking of her, back at home, when we were both at Gaston's a number of years ago.

Bob, love the early days black and white picture! Time heals they say. Been in a similar situation with a girlfriend and a police partner. Good to hear youre doing well

Those are some wonderful pictures. You were blessed.

Good memories last forever, bad ones fade with time.

I lost my wife and best friend of almost 50 years last year in Jan and all the good memories are still with me. May you have the same experience and God be with you.

Those are some wonderful pictures. You were blessed.

yes, she didn't want to fly with me for the first few years, but finally she flew with me anywhere I went. We made a cross country from Oregon to Illinois and she did fine. She was a trouper and helped get wood, went hunting with the family, and had a lot of friends where ever she was.

Good memories last forever, bad ones fade with time.

This is very true. Time does heal somewhat, but they are never gone from memory.
Wishing you the best. I dont know how you are posting, if/when I lost my spouse, I dont think I could function at any level. Stronger man than me I guess.

Thanks for sharing and including us. Thank you.

This is very true. Time does heal somewhat, but they are never gone from memory.
Wishing you the best. I dont know how you are posting, if/when I lost my spouse, I dont think I could function at any level. Stronger man than me I guess.

Thanks for sharing and including us. Thank you.

I came back to this post that was started Sept. 19, 2012 when my wife died. It has been three years, So I was just trying to answer some posts that I needed to address. I also was trying to show with pictures who my wife Essie was, for those that hadn't ever met her.

I'm struggling now. My biggest fear was that my memory of her would fade but after 8 months I'm beginning to realize that will probably never happen. I still haven't fully come to grips with it though. This is the first time I've talked about it here. There are many things I could say and share but for now I'd rather not.

I just know I'm not alone, this is something most of us will experience at some point, even if you are the one to go first.

Bob, looks like this was before my time here on PoA. I'm sorry for your loss, thanks for posting those wonderful pics and I'm very glad to hear you're doing better now.

Bob, looks like this was before my time here on PoA. I'm sorry for your loss, thanks for posting those wonderful pics and I'm very glad to hear you're doing better now.

I haven't been on this board much for a while now. I joined in 2005. I have the Sticky on the top of this Hangar talk section. It is called: Bob's ramblings from the PB ( standing for Purple board) If you want to get an idea who I am and about my wife, Essie you might try reading some of that post. Warning: I have been told it can be addictive.:yes:

Last edited:
I'm struggling now. My biggest fear was that my memory of her would fade but after 8 months I'm beginning to realize that will probably never happen. I still haven't fully come to grips with it though. This is the first time I've talked about it here. There are many things I could say and share but for now I'd rather not.

I just know I'm not alone, this is something most of us will experience at some point, even if you are the one to go first.

I am sure there is someone on here that you could talk with when you are ready. There are a lot of great men and women on these forums.

The last of the family and outing pictures with Essie in them.

Attachments

• IMG_0631.JPG
    IMG_0631.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0359.JPG
    IMG_0359.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0744.JPG
    IMG_0744.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0829.JPG
    IMG_0829.JPG