I live for Fridays!

My week is still not over. Has been going on all month. I have been commuting between Chicago and Florida to take care of sick mom. I am exhausted.

How did you all survive your week?
Hey Dave. :)

Well, I worked at the cancer clinic several days this week. Working there always makes me appreciate my own good health and the health of my family.

I finally got the Citabria out today...it was snowbound for WAY too long. It wouldn't start so Tom hand-propped it for me. I did some acro and Tom filmed several spins for me. Actually, we can't agree on how many turns a few of them were, as we watched them later on the TV.

Then Tom went up with me this afternoon and he rode along in the front seat while I did take-offs and landings from the back seat. I can see a little improvement and am still working on finding ways to see the trees and wires on short final.

Tomorrow our mechanic is flying up to the farm to do more work on the Citabria and we may go do some acro together if the weather cooperates.

Some of the Christmas parties are now over, thank goodness.

I'm bushed and glad its over.

How's that broken thumb?

I got my strategic plan done!
Let the weekend begin!
:wineglass: :drink: :wineglass: :yes:

I completed five, twelve-hour-plus days on the roads around Atlanta as a courier among the thousands who had cell phones glued to the side of their head while manipulating a 2,000 to 6,000 automobile.

Now that the weekend is here, I'm going to proceed with some risky* activity with a potentially 3,100 pound Skylane. I have to get ready for the commercial ride! :D

*At least my life insurance company says it's "risky." Little, do they know!

Sick mom, cancer clinics.
Good reminders so I will appreciate what I have, when I feel like all is woe, thanks guys.
I enjoyed both flying stories today, Diana!
I believe I will join Capt Jack and his plans shortly. Kinda bummed about discharging an employee this week for unforgivable transgressions. You have to push me hard to get me worked up and I was w'd up. All is well now. Some guilt though; employee was 90% good.
Scott a prayer for your mom. And to your patients, Diana.

Well, I worked at the cancer clinic several days this week. Working there always makes me appreciate my own good health and the health of my family.

I have been taking my mom to the cancer clinic. If yours is like the one I have been taking her to all I have to say is thank you. You do not know how good it makes us non-patient feel to see a smiling face that can empathize with us and see it also bring joy and comfort to the patient.

My finals are done, im going home. Week being over is wonderful.

Scott, give your mom a hug for me. I lost my mom to ovarian cancer when I was 7. Thankfully she was able to be on home health except when she had Chemo so we were able to spend a lot of time with her. It was rough, I feel for you. And on the same thought, thank you Diana!

Friday was the end of the week? Someone forgot to tell me. Finished the audit of a lab here in Taiwan this morning (it's Saturday afternoon here now). Sightseeing this afternoon and tomorrow. Lab 3 on Monday and Tuesday. Fly home on Wednesday. Looong Wednesday thanks to the date line. I get into SEA before I leave TPE. :D

Oh, Scott, prayers for your mother.

My week started on November 4th, and finally just ended. Six straight weeks with no days off. I have an actual weekend off, then it's back to the grindstone. I had to force myself to take the weekend off too....work has been absolutely crazy lately.
Thanks for asking, it feels good to vent.
DW

w00t! Flying today, well Saturday anyway.

w00t!

I had a 6 hour interview Thursday; prior to that the weekend was a series of 12 hour days trying to prepare for a board-of-directors review. Two weeks of vacation now; no more work until January 2nd!

Cheers,

-Andrew

Kinda bummed about discharging an employee this week for unforgivable transgressions. You have to push me hard to get me worked up and I was w'd up. All is well now. Some guilt though; employee was 90% good.
Dave, that must have been hard for you to do...you are a kind, gentle and forgiving person. They must have crossed the line. Don't feel guilty anymore. I'm sure you did the right thing.

Back