I know that commercial!

Another:

"When you've got it, flaunt it."

Last edited:
And another (for those of us that are older):

"Just a silly millimeter longer"

B&H did the 100 mm cigarette, Chesterfield decided to one-up them by introducing the 101. Hence the ad...

There was the Marlboro Man, too, riding off into the sunset....

There were some brands that came with a coupon, like a green stamp that you could cash in on fairly useless stuff. Don't remember who did that now...

There were some brands that came with a coupon, like a green stamp that you could cash in on fairly useless stuff. Don't remember who did that now...

Those were Chesterfields. Each pack had a stamp and a carton had extra stamps. My mother convinced my father to quit smoking Lucky Strikes so he could collect the stamps. Her theory was that at least he could get her something to remember her by once cancer took him. There's some twisted logic right there lol

LOL

Anyone remember the airline that used a gong in their commercials?

"From the land of sky-blue waters..."

hamms%20bear%20with%20bottle%20mouse.jpg

Trapper John

Well the new "old recipe" Schlitz actually isn't that bad for an "american pilsner". If you want true swill try Grainbelt, Pigs Eye or Black Label :D

Well the new "old recipe" Schlitz actually isn't that bad for an "american pilsner". If you want true swill try Grainbelt, Pigs Eye or Black Label :D

Piels Light is pretty nasty stuff.

We were forced to drink that stuff back in college. The father of one of my friends was partial to it. Any port in a storm, as they say.

What was the commercial with the kid putting the PB&J sandwich in the VCR? I turned the channel every time it came on, as I didn't need my boys getting more cool ideas...

What was the commercial with the kid putting the PB&J sandwich in the VCR? I turned the channel every time it came on, as I didn't need my boys getting more cool ideas...

Wasn't that for the Amex return guarantee??

I thought it was funny, but then, I have girls.:D

Another:

"When you've got it, flaunt it."

Google to the rescue....

Braniff

Cheater! lol:rofl:

I am steamed, because I remember those ads well! In those days, if you lived in Dallas, you flew Braniff, or you flew second class.

LOL

Anyone remember the airline that used a gong in their commercials?

That would be Northwest Orient.

---

Try this one:

"You can take _____ out of the country, but you can't take the country out of _______."

I am steamed, because I remember those ads well! In those days, if you lived in Dallas, you flew Braniff, or you flew second class.

Would that be Southwest? :rofl:

My how times have changed.... :rolleyes:

I still love the "fly me" commercials.

Oh jeez, Papa John's --- that's not even a challenge!

"Crisp and clean and no caffeine"

Oh jeez, Papa John's --- that's not even a challenge!

"Crisp and clean and no caffeine"

Hey, an easy one now and again is a good thing lol :D

btw, tough challenge with the 7up ad lol

new: "when it absolutely, positively has to be there overnight"

Hey, an easy one now and again is a good thing lol :D

btw, tough challenge with the 7up ad lol

new: "when it absolutely, positively has to be there overnight"
FedEx

new: "______ cleans like a white tornado!"

Last edited:
Back