I Interned in Congress for the creation the most recent FAA Bill...

FWIW, from my work perspective I am not happy with the House version of the bill, but can agree with the Senate version. There are a few poison pills buried in the House version that will have adverse impacts on airport's my size.

We have politicians that do NOT understand aviation writing our laws.

This is true for every legislative subject. Replace “aviation” with automobiles, firearms, the internet, pharmaceuticals, agriculture, construction, finance, et cetera ad nauseum. This is what gives power to special interest groups. Pilots have to rely on organizations like AOPA and EAA to exert influence but they’re often drawn into the swamp themselves.

And so it goes....

Y'all take care. Blue skies and tailwinds. :) I'm changing frequency.

This is true for every legislative subject. Replace “aviation” with automobiles, firearms, the internet, pharmaceuticals, agriculture, construction, finance, et cetera ad nauseum. This is what gives power to special interest groups. Pilots have to rely on organizations like AOPA and EAA to exert influence but they’re often drawn into the swamp themselves.

And so it goes....
But then there's a movement now to take the rulemaking power away from the agencies (who actually have experts in their respective fields) and place it in the hands of Congress and federal judges. I don't see this getting better.

But then there's a movement now to take the rulemaking power away from the agencies (who actually have experts in their respective fields) and place it in the hands of Congress and federal judges. I don't see this getting better.

I'd be happier if the penalty portion were left to Congress. Yes, rule making requires expertise, but giving unelected bureaucrats the power to turn people into felons and impose draconian fines is a problem. There needs to be a limit

Some good things in the bill.

But would like to see the altitude restriction raised in Basic Med to FL290.

Back