I hit 50 today

stingray

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Daniel Michaels
Years not hours. I did not sleep at all last night wondering if I was going to make it to a TBO of 100. My son just made Bank manager @ 26 so if I got at least 25 good ones left I can still do plenty. After all he could not walk or talk when he started, then again maybe I will not be walking or talking in 25 more years, just sipping soup. I'm just bummed, tomorrow I'll be OK.:dunno:

Dan

Beat you by 4 - turned 54 today - one year closer to retirement!!

Dan,

Heck, I'll be 51 in December! It's just a number and in order to play in the game, you must have a number. Line up and have at it!

Every day is a holiday if we get up, enjoy it, go fly and have some fun!!

It feels great to be a young virile buck at 26. I'll be 27 in December, that's when I start to get old.

:)

Just teasin, happy birthday!

Kids! 56 last April. And, just so you know, my dad hit 82 on Saturday. He doesn't fly, but he's still on his feet. :yes:

Congrats on 50 years of breathing, and here's to 50 more... this reminds me of a great anecdote i heard yesterday (allegedly true):

A pilot I know knows someone (relative?) who passed away recently at 95; he'd led a fairly monastic life, and took very good care of himself.

On the other hand, there's the guy's brother- smokes, drinks, chases women for exercise... and he's still going strong at 97!! :D

At 65, I'm older than either of my parents or any of my grandparents ever were. Every day is a gift.

Are you kidding? I love being 50! I ran a half marathon on my 50th birthday I was so excited!

Seriously, I will be 51 in one month and twelve days....and I have to tell you, I'm happier today than I've ever been in my life.

Make that your goal and you'll be fine.....I promise. ;)

And Happy Birthday!!!!! Welcome to the other side.....

Age???????????????????????? is nothing more than a state-of-mind(my personal opinion)
[at 64 years].

HR

61 for me. Every day I wake up on this side of the grass is a GREAT day. With my ancestry I'll be around for awhile yet. No AD's on my bod YET! Enjoying being retarded, er retired. Working part time keeps my 172 in the air. Enjoy the 50's, it's a great time of life.

Years not hours. I did not sleep at all last night wondering if I was going to make it to a TBO of 100. My son just made Bank manager @ 26 so if I got at least 25 good ones left I can still do plenty. After all he could not walk or talk when he started, then again maybe I will not be walking or talking in 25 more years, just sipping soup. I'm just bummed, tomorrow I'll be OK.:dunno:

Dan

Well, Dan, I'll be joining you at the half-century mark in 17 days.

In 15 days, I leave for Munich, Germany. I plan to turn 50 at Oktoberfest -- the largest beer bash in the world -- being served large steins of lager and ale by St. Paulie-girl-look-alikes...with my lovely wife sitting next to me, slapping me upside the head...

:goofy:

Happy Birthday -- it's GREAT to be 50!

51 Tomorrow! I feel your pain. And like Kim, I ran a half marathon. Hoping to run a half this year. As I am going skiing 3 weeks after, I don't want to try for a full.

DAN, I see little blue pills in your near future .....

Last edited:
And annual PSA tests!

Been there & done that!

But the real treat was the colon rectal exam! :rofl:

And I got both of these why? Just because I turned 50 and was supposed to! :dunno:

Then again, it was peace of mind to pass with flying colors, considering some of the recent deaths of people I've known or seen on TV.

But the biggest change is, Women get more mean, aggressive and sweaty, men start crying alot at the movies or sad songs.

Been there & done that!

But the real treat was the colon rectal exam! :rofl:

And I got both of these why? Just because I turned 50 and was supposed to! :dunno:

Then again, it was peace of mind to pass with flying colors, considering some of the recent deaths of people I've known or seen on TV.

But the biggest change is, Women get more mean, aggressive and sweaty, men start crying alot at the movies or sad songs.

Worst part of the colonoscopy is the prep. And now I get to have PSA tests every 90 days for 2 or 3 years, then back off to every 180 days. Annual at 5 years. And it better stay undetectable!

Back