Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Kimberly
Super awesome:

http://askcaptainscott.com/faq/women-aviation

For those of you who don't know the captain, some background:

To quote him:

"There is no such thing as a stupid question. I certainly appreciate you taking the time to ask, the questions will benefit others."

His old site explained that when he was a kid alot of the big time ATP pilots would not talk to him openly about his questions in regards to aviation as if "he would not understand" the answers.

Now he flies big planes and started a site to further aviation.

He was a big influence during my training.

Talk about full circle.

How many of you already know about his efforts?

Super awesome:

His old site explained that when he was a kid alot of the big time ATP pilots would not talk to him openly about his questions in regards to aviation as if "he would not understand" the answers.

Now he flies big planes and started a site to further aviation.

He was a big influence during my training.

Talk about full circle.

How many of you already know about his efforts?

I've been through quite a few of his videos. Awesome guy. His (as well as yours and many others) willingness to share information about their struggles during the process was most helpful in making it to my check ride.

The only Captain Scott I've heard of was the Engineer aboard the USS Enterprise.

montgomery_scott_enjoying_a_glass_of_scotch.jpg

I disagree with the premise that there are no stupid questions. I have heard plenty of them asked.

Is he going to put out video with ugly girl anytime soon? :D

I disagree with the premise that there are no stupid questions. I have heard plenty of them asked.
I disagree with Scott's statement that taking off with flaps in a 172 results in an increased climb rate vs no flaps.

I disagree with Scott's statement that taking off with flaps in a 172 results in an increased climb rate vs no flaps.

I think he meant angle, and with a brand-new student on an intro flight, that's going to be one of the 98% of things he says that she'll forget anyway. ;)

Back