I Have Sloppy Plackets

Blue Doughnut

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Blue Doughnut
I'm sitting here having a beer after competing my CFII ride today, and now that my brain has disengaged itself it occurred to me that my shirt has been driving me nuts all day. Until I googled it I couldn't figure out why. (I had to leave the office early and I actually flew my helicopter check ride in business casual attire). Apparently I have a sloppy placket.

Seriosuly, as a people, we've been wearing the ubiquitous collared, button-down shirt that has remained basically unchanged since the late 1800's. Ties have been falling out of favor since the 1950's, and I'm to believe that manufacturers STILL haven't been able to put their heads together to fix the floppy Elvis collar?!

There has to be a better way. Rant compete.

In his book "Travels With Puff", Richard Bach wrote something to the effect of that he doesn't own a tie, never wore a tux and has no plans to do either. Gotta love that.

Quick google search and I notice he's leaning pretty heavily on the turtleneck to address the placket problem. A classy move on his part. Would be very interested to see the office's reaction to a turtleneck tomorrow.

According to google, my complaint is with the upper button area of a shirt that lacks the structural integrity to keep the collars aloft.

I'm thinking about sticking some lock wire down there or something; but really it shouldn't be my responsibility to make a shirt not suck if I don't wear a tie (I'm talking to you, Banana Republic).

And I have Sloppy Packets... or at least I think I do. The work network seems slower than it should be lately. Must investigate. :)

I have to ask out loud. Who is this @BlueDoughnut? And which AOA indicator does he use?

I have to ask out loud. Who is this @BlueDoughnut? And which AOA indicator does he use?

I was a long time lurker, but decided to start posting back when the AoA deal was still a thing. In hindsight, I realized that I'm wed to a running joke that has long since run its course. Live and learn. I don't have a dog in the AoA fight- never used one.

Back