I have a large re-route for you...

I'd be interested in why they call that switch a nut cracker.

Because of what happened when the other Gulfstream fell 50’?

Don’t want to crack your nuts? LOL...

Dunno. It’s my guess though. :)

The sensor doesn’t look like a nutcracker, but you could say the scissors of the gear there that the sensor is pressed up against, look like one.

Can crack a nut between the top and bottom links when they compress all the way...?

to both - I guess that makes sense. My minds eye never departed from well, you know, to the ones that grow on trees.

That seems to be a Gulfstream and they utilize a gust lock for the elevators. I’ve never flown a G, but I started my career flying the EMB-145 and when the gust lock was released, you NEVER took your hands off the yoke. Many a pilot who let go ended up wait severe pain in the groin if a gust of wind caught the elevator.

As for the tiller, I never touch it above 20 knots. The 767 actually has lateral weight and balance limits and if too much cargo is loaded on one side, you can scrape a nacelle if you take a turn too fast. Check airmen were very quick to correct us on taxi speed when I upgraded. No turns with the tiller above 10-12 knots for me and I’ll take a high-speed about 20-25.

Those guys and Premier1Driver are my favorites. Both very professional.

These guys are good. They did a recent video where Miami gave them a phone number on a flight to VNY, as a result of tower screwing up and forgetting to give them a reroute over the radio (they had gotten a clearance through something similar to CPDLC). Helped that they record their flights.

Probably was about to enter another controller's sector, so that's most likely the reason for the frequency change. My guess anyway.

What coulda happened is the controller was working a couple sectors combined. He coulda just grabbed a body and said "dude, take 32.4 and give this guy his clearance. Might have been the D-side, handoff position, coordinator or whatever they call it there. It sounded like a 'change to 'my' frequency' situation except it was 'my buddy'.

They had a very interesting “possible pilot deviation” in their latest video. I won’t spoil it for anyone.

Back