I hate this town so much (N/A)

I've got Claymores in my front lawn and lure them in with Yanni music.

:D
There are creatures attracted to Yanno music? I thought that pan flute stuff kept everything away. Especially it kept away guinea pigs, guinea bees, guinea-sauresrex, guinea pirates, etc.

attachment.php

Attachments

• GuineaPirate.png
    GuineaPirate.png
    445.3 KB · Views: 165
Neighbor had a problem with folks trenching his yard with their car/ruck.

A little rebar, cut-cut, bend-bend, weld-weld, grind-grind, and he had a nice set of tire-pokers in the grass, almost invisible at night.

Couple days later, new trenches, right through the location of the device. Mobil station confirmed visit from teens in pickup with two flats.

Chuckle.

Wake up this morning to find that my two rear tires have been slashed and my car's been keyed on the rear quarter panels. :mad3:

Thing that really sucks is if they specifically targeted my car, there's no guarantee that they won't do this again after I get it repaired. Ugh.

That's why they make garages.
Oh.. I see you are in an apartment complex, bummer.

Sorry about your loss, William - hope its all fixed up soon with little cost to you.

Out of curiosity - would there be a point in filing a police report in a case like this? Something the insurance would like to see? Or another reason?

I had a guy brush the side of my car at an intersection a couple of years ago. When we got the police there he tried to say I hit him! So the cop says "well I don't know who's telling the truth". It was pretty minor so we both walked away. Fast forward a couple of years and I'm switching auto insurance so I get a couple of quotes. Allstate found that accident in the states database. The cop filed it with the state. It cost me about $30.00 a year in additional premiums.

Say what? Are you somehow insinuating that I deserved this?

Deserved,No.
I am a firm believer in what comes around goes around.
Can you honestly say that in your entire life you have not vandalized something, or committed an act that would be considered unkind?

Deserved,No.
Can you honestly say that in your entire life you have not vandalized something, or committed an act that would be considered unkind?

LOL!!!!

Don't even bother, William.

Deserved,No.
Well that should put to rest the speculation that his post was anything other than rude.

I had a guy brush the side of my car at an intersection a couple of years ago. When we got the police there he tried to say I hit him! So the cop says "well I don't know who's telling the truth". It was pretty minor so we both walked away. Fast forward a couple of years and I'm switching auto insurance so I get a couple of quotes. Allstate found that accident in the states database. The cop filed it with the state. It cost me about $30.00 a year in additional premiums.
Yeah, I can relate to that. Just had a little fender bender the other day (luckily, I was in my truck and not in my car). Not a scratch on mine, but her front bumper was smashed. Didn't call the police; she was nice enough.

Deserved,No.

Good grief...

Deserved,No.
I've never vandalized another person's property and there are plenty of people that haven't. The notion that you think otherwise speaks poorly of your character and suggests you're trying to justify your own past actions. Taking a ridiculous swing at William surely isn't going to improve your "karma".

Didn't PoA used to have a karma point system?

I think they called it by some sort of brand name. Reputation comes to mind.

Maybe we should bring that back?

:cornut::D

I think a reputation system would be a brand new, and novel idea for PoA.

I wonder if vBulletin has something like that built in...

Deserved,No.

You have to be kidding......maybe the smilie just didn't show up in your post? :confused:

Just FYI, Skipp and I have talked back and forth in PM and everything is good. Some misunderstanding, some difference of opinion, but in the end, let's move on.

Thanks to everyone who shared their support and stories. I've gotten some suggestions from friends to setup a motion activated trail camera to catch them in case they come back. Definitely an idea if I can hide the camera well enough...

I confess! I once wrote poetry of a rather crude nature on a bathroom wall in elementary school.

I think it started with, "Here I sit..."

-Rich

A lot of work went into that. Too bad you can get over the top in 5 seconds without a ladder. First onto the gate then over the top.

A lot of work went into that. Too bad you can get over the top in 5 seconds without a ladder. First onto the gate then over the top.

I know. I suggested electrification, but the neighbors objected.

-Rich

I called before I even called the insurance company, and sure enough the first thing they asked for was the number on the report. Thing is, if they pay out and then the police catch the perpetrator, I do believe the insurance company can go after the guy for restitution since I've been made whole but they haven't.

Something about this statement does not seem right to me... I have been making my insurance company whole since I started paying my premiums.. I am sure you are right, they will go after him.

It was, IMHO, the coolest smiley we ever had!!!

But the 'no fun patrol' put the keebash on it with in one day!! All I can say about that is ditta:5

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Probably a bit overused I reckon. :wink2:

Something about this statement does not seem right to me... I have been making my insurance company whole since I started paying my premiums.. I am sure you are right, they will go after him.

My experience with this was when a young lady made a left turn in front of my motorcycle, and I hit her. She did not have insurance. My insurance company paid to have my motorcycle fixed, less my $500 deductible. The bill ended up being $1200 plus change. The insurance company garnished her wages for their $700, but when they were paid, they signed off on the claim making her free and clear. I was a little miffed that the insurance company signed off before I got my share. I took her to small claims court, and she showed up with the paper signed off by the insurance company that she had paid them in full. I had a heck of a time convincing the judge that she still owed me $500. To make matters worse, Iowa will suspend their driver's license for non payment, but as soon as the insurance company signed off, she got her license back. She had no motivation to pay me after that, and I finally gave up. Sometimes the system just doesn't work. Anyway that was probably twenty-five years ago, and I'm still here, so I guess it isn't that big of a deal in the scope of things.

Back