I got my charts

Bob Bement

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Bob Bement
I received my charts for my trip to Gastons, that is all except Kansas City, they were out temp. I will get them on the 28th. I spend time yesterday Sunday the 23rd loading my route into my GPS. I am getting ready to go. And I am excited to make this trip. See some old friends and meet some new ones. See you soon at GASTONS.

I'm waiting on my KC Sectional also... my old one was out of date. I'd be interested to hear about the route you are planning to Gaston's from Oregon! Where are you planning on stopping for fuel and how long will your flight be? I've got my basic planning done also, but I'm coming from Central Illinois and it's all of 315 miles, so that story is not going to be nearly as interesting.

Bob,

I'm flummoxed. I always thought you just used the wheel ruts of the Oregon Trail...

Not only that, he gets free use of the ruts because he helped make some of them. I have the same privileges on the Santa Fe Trail.

Bob,

I'm flummoxed. I always thought you just used the wheel ruts of the Oregon Trail...

I'm waiting on my KC Sectional also... my old one was out of date. I'd be interested to hear about the route you are planning to Gaston's from Oregon! Where are you planning on stopping for fuel and how long will your flight be? I've got my basic planning done also, but I'm coming from Central Illinois and it's all of 315 miles, so that story is not going to be nearly as interesting.

Lynn, S49 to RKS, Rock Springs, WY. then to stay out of the high Medice bow mountains I head for a user way point I have put in. and then a heading correction to take me to AkO Akron, CO. for fuel. Next stop is overnite and fuel, and is PNC Ponca city, OK. The next morning I am making a fuel stop at H35 Clarksville, Ar.Then on to M 78 Malvern, AR. (I have to drop off a couple that are riding with me there) Then on to KORK, North Little Rock, to pick up Brook and take her to 3M0. Gaston's. I will fly on to Diana and Tom's to spend the night with them and return to Gaston's the next morning.

Last edited:
Which day are you arriving?
Lynn, S49 to RKS, Rock Springs, WY. then to stay out of the high Medice bow mountains I head for a user way point I have put in. and then a heading correction to take me to AkO Akron, CO. for fuel. Next stop is overnite and fuel, and is PNC Ponca city, OK. The next morning I am making a fuel stop at H35 Clarksvill, Ar.Then on to M 78 Malvern, AR. (I have to drop off a couple that are riding with me there) Then on to KORK to pick up Brook and take her to 3M0. gastons.

Thanks. See you then. Make them come with you.

Wayne I am dropping Brook off on the 10th and going on to Diana's and Tom's and spend the night and flying back to Gaston's on the 11th to stay until the 13th.

Diana has told me that they have some conflict with another event so they won't be coming to Gaston's this year. Otherwise I would.

I thought schedule conflicts were why we flew airplanes? So our worlds were smaller places...

Taking hostages is only a misdemeanor in MO. Or maybe you could bait the trap by promising her some good wine instead of that stuff she usually drinks.

Diana has told me that they have some conflict with another event so they won't be coming to Gaston's this year. Otherwise I would.

I was thinking of bringing a bottle or two of wine and then i got to wondering what would happen If I have to climb up to say 14000 ft over Wy. could it blow the cork out and get wine all over everything?

I was thinking of bringing a bottle or two of wine and then i got to wondering what would happen If I have to climb up to say 14000 ft over Wy. could it blow the cork out and get wine all over everything?
Not with the capsule still on it. If I'm wrong, I'll buy you a new bottle. If I'm right, you can share the wine with us!:aureola:

Not with the capsule still on it. If I'm wrong, I'll buy you a new bottle. If I'm right, you can share the wine with us!:aureola:

I have heard this line before somewhere, " but who is going to clean up this mess?"

Not with the capsule still on it. If I'm wrong, I'll buy you a new bottle interior. If I'm right, you can share the wine with us!:aureola:

Fixed that for you, Grant. ;)

Bob, if you can fit it in a cooler to avoid any unsightly accidents, maybe give it a shot - Though if it does blow, you might think you GOT shot! But we'd rather you make it to Gaston's without having a wine-bottle-explosion-induced heart attack! :yes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cq7DBjCzSuE

FWIW, Three Musketeer bars expand to the limits of the wrapper (cracking the chocolate coating).

But they still taste the same.

Taking hostages is only a misdemeanor in MO. Or maybe you could bait the trap by promising her some good wine instead of that stuff she usually drinks.

Wayne,

What was the name of that wine, I sure don't want to show up to the farm with the same stuff. She would think that you put me up to it.

Dunno. It has pictures of dandelions on the label (of the box.)

Wayne,

What was the name of that wine, I sure don't want to show up to the farm with the same stuff. She would think that you put me up to it.

Wayne,

Diana drinks Riesling, nasty stuff but some folks do actually like it.

Bob, the only problem you may have is flying high enough to chill the bottle (by holding it outside) by the time you get to the farm. Be sure to have a safety line tied to it so when/if you drop it you aren't re-enacting a WWI bombing scene.:yesnod:

Bob, the only problem you may have is flying high enough to chill the bottle (by holding it outside) by the time you get to the farm. Be sure to have a safety line tied to it so when/if you drop it you aren't re-enacting a WWI bombing scene.:yesnod:

I think I have the problem solved, I contacted my friends that are flying with me. I told them to have the person they are staying with, to get the wine in AR. and I won't have to get any higher than 3000 ft to get back to the farm. No problem with the altitude. Problem solved.:smile:

Bob, what day are you departing Oregon for Gaston's? Will you give us updates along the way? :yes: Are you going to be on FlightAware?

I think I have the problem solved, I contacted my friends that are flying with me. I told them to have the person they are staying with, to get the wine in AR. and I won't have to get any higher than 3000 ft to get back to the farm. No problem with the altitude. Problem solved.:smile:
You're sweet. :) But you don't need to bring anything. Just get here safely. :) BTW, you may have a greeting committee waiting here when you get here.

Bob, what day are you departing Oregon for Gaston's? Will you give us updates along the way? :yes: Are you going to be on FlightAware?
Since he's VFR only, I don't think you're likely to see him on FlightAware.

We are looking at weather and are thinking to start on Wed the 9th and going as far as Ponca City, OK. That will hopefully put me into the farm on Thurs. afternoon late. That is the plan anyways. I have an idea about the welcoming committee. I am getting ready, and finally got my Kansas City Chart today. :drink:

Back