• Cessna 180.JPG
    Cessna 180.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 161
I got a helicopter

Attachments

• DSCN0426.JPG
    DSCN0426.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 56
I got a sales agreement to sell my plane.

Signed it today, and sent it back.

i got some sweet nerf ball guns. the cat LOVES me now. i bought the little sister an air hogs RC airplane. very simple indoor foam flyer that just turns circles. we had a lot of fun with it. by the end of the night it was held together with scotch tape. i decided i should be a test pilot for Air Hogs when I grow up.

We went to the Hallmark store a couple of weeks ago and they were all out of the 195's. My wife griped about it at work and two of her coworkers each bought her one. We now have two. We also now have collected so many aviation ornaments (including another dozen from my sister) that we are going to have to make a separate airplane Christmas tree next year.

I ended up with another one in the hangar:

There are 2 more I have that are larger however they ended up in storage this summer by accident.

Attachments

• HallmarkGalore.JPG
    HallmarkGalore.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 63
Motorcycle, Wii, 65-inch TV...

We definitely did our part to keep the economy rolling this year...
What TV did you get?

I still cringe when I see the prices so dang low over what I paid two years ago. :(

Between Leslie and me, we got a Zulu headset, Scheiden sunglasses, and a Jos. Banks leather jacket. Didn't help the economy as much as Ken, but...

Motorcycle Helmet
XBox 360
Xbox Game
Microsoft Zune MP3 Player (actually decent. makes the ipod look like a cassette player)

New Right MLG tire.
Lubricated left Mixture cable that works easily, now.
430W software update.
Call from the ER that required me to go in at about 10:00 p.m. The ER staff all complained that the guy was pretty obnoxious. I know he's really pis_ed off my receptionist 6 months before....
Four e-mails from a guy I helped out get his medical last year, railing me about what the FAA is going to require for his re-up.

It never stops giving.

Zune 80 GB (fabulous)
whole bunch of Aviation DVDs (which I ripped to the Zune)
my daughter's smile as she opened her gifts (the best present).

max- you are thinking of the other sister. big sister got some ear muffs and a box of .22 Long shells. Grandpa got her the gun.

Lil sis got the toy airplane that i have pretty much busted into pieces and taped back together.

Surprisingly enough, no airplane stuff this year. Dad paid for the 11.4 hours of 182RG time for the family trip from last weekend, so I guess that can be considered my 'aviation fix' for Christmas this year.

Other than that, father-in-law gave me a 'new-to-me' T/C 'Scout' .50cal muzzleloader. Hope to put it to good use next week after returning from Chi-town this weekend.

Oh yeah, and I got enough Crown Royal to last me through the winter. My f-i-l found a good deal on it at the local PX and my bro-in-law always gives alcohol for xmas. :) With my wife getting Guitar Hero - Legends of Rock for Christmas, I'm guessing I'm gonna need the C.R. to make it till spring. ;)

I Got to stay home.
it was my holiday on call YEE HAW
Dave G.

Same. I was on reserve from 5am to 5pm on the 25th, and didn't have to go in. First reserve day I haven't flown...it's a Christmas miracle.

I ended up with another one in the hangar:

There are 2 more I have that are larger however they ended up in storage this summer by accident.
Frank, I have clones of your Jenny and the Ryan NYP. I am drooling at your Staggerwing! I'll have to find a link and drop "hints" next year.

-Skip

Frank, I have clones of your Jenny and the Ryan NYP. I am drooling at your Staggerwing! I'll have to find a link and drop "hints" next year.

-Skip

The Staggerwing is the 2002 plane so it might be a bit hard to find for a civilized price.

Don't drool on your keyboard too much:

Attachments

• SpartanExecutive-Reflections.jpg
    SpartanExecutive-Reflections.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 11
  • StaggerWing.jpg
    StaggerWing.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 13
Well, I didn't get very much in the way of Christmas presents, but I bought myself a motorcycle yesterday. 2001 Honda Interceptor 800i.

We also now have collected so many aviation ornaments (including another dozen from my sister) that we are going to have to make a separate airplane Christmas tree next year.

That's great!! You need to put blue (taxiway) and white (runway) lights on the tree, and a little white/green LED rotating beacon on top... :yes:

chris - ill come over and play guitar hero with rachel. i'll help you get rid of that crown too.

IMG_3929.jpg
IMG%5D

And here is my collection. The little man fits inside the airplane on the right.

IMG%5D

Last edited:
I was lucky enough to have from the 21st of Dec to Jan 2nd off from work, enjoying time with family and friends.

I received some gift cards to get some much needed dress clothing for work.

Aviation related, I received a pair of Gel-Seals for my Sigtronics Headset, and a Mic muff. Those Gel seals are sweet, felt great in the plane the other day.

Mitsubishi 1080p HD DLP.

Dang, that's more acronyms than you find in aviation!

Sounds like you got the bigger cousin to my Christmas present - their 57 inch DLP set (I'd have to go look up the model number - it has 4 HDMI ports if that helps). Unadvertised special at Circuit City the day after Thanksgiving. $1200 was too good to pass up (regular price was around $1900) and my wife said "Merry Christmas, that's your present". :p

Nikon D40 dslr and a couple of lenses.

A nice week at Key West with the family to test out the camera. :D

Plane and Pilot had a nice article on the 190/195. I went and looked at mine and sure enough no struts. I missed that before even after you told me it was a 195.

Dan

Funny, I got the exact same ornament (2nd for me in the collection now) from the first post, and the exact same helicopter from the 2nd post..haha.

Let's see, only half of the presents have been opened, the rest are at home since I'm out of town...I'll get them this weekend, but aviation wise, I got a Sporty's gift card and the expansion pack for FSX.

Back