Display Name

Display name:
Tom-D
Now she wants them down

Attachments

• Christmas Lights.jpg
    Christmas Lights.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 92
I'm about to pull the plug on mine and Santa in the airplane. I bet the neighbors think I'll keep them going until the 4th of July. I didn't it all done until Dec. 24th.

I bought 12 boxes of net lights at the clearance price of $1.99 each. Next year is gonna glow! W00t!

Now she wants them down
:rofl: that's funny! Especially in light of our outside Christmas lights are "arranged" the same way, just never made it out of the box this year. Inside decorations were, like always, gorgeous, since my wife takes care of that one. Outside, however, falls to me, and this year I simply failed ... :dunno:

I'm about to pull the plug on mine and Santa in the airplane. I bet the neighbors think I'll keep them going until the 4th of July. I didn't it all done until Dec. 24th.

I bought 12 boxes of net lights at the clearance price of $1.99 each. Next year is gonna glow! W00t!

I just took mine down this weekend... it was kind of sad :(

No decorations to put up so none to take down. Makes life easy.

And BTW what is the deal with all the decorations for the other holidays now? I see people putting lights and demon creches up for Halloween now!

And BTW what is the deal with all the decorations for the other holidays now? I see people putting lights and demon creches up for Halloween now!

It's just for FUN Scott.

You know, like banjo. ;)

Halloween is outta control. I had neighbors in the city who had real live guys talking in coffins and stuff - like a carny spook house.

The Griswolds will be the Griswolds.

A lot of holidays aren't like they were when we were kids. We didn't have real fireworks for 4th. They were/are illegal. Now everybody acts like we always had them.

Halloween costumes used to be mundane, ghosts, Dracula, Frankenstien, fantasies. Then in the age of Freddie Kruger we have blood and gore - the store down the road sold realistic barbecue grills with human body parts roasting. :hairraise:

Those kids better stay offfa my lawn! :rolleyes:

BTW, I pulled the plug on the lights as the morning of Jan. 7th. I'll bring them in tomorrow while the weather is still warm.

There is a theory that you should keep the Christmas stuff up until Epiphany, Jan. 6th. That's the last day of the 12 days of Christmas. Orthodox Christians celebrate until 1/6. I learned this when as a smartass kid I asked the butcher downstairs why he didn't take the Christmas stuff out of the window. :redface: http://forums.fark.com/cgi/fark/comments.pl?IDLink=3312270

Last edited:
I see you thought ahead and put in those handy outdoor sockets in the best spot possible for convenient deployment. :rolleyes:

Is there no end to your mechanical skills! :D

And I'll bet those outlets are switched, too. If I ever build a house new you can bet that I'll have outlets like that.

And I'll bet those outlets are switched, too. If I ever build a house new you can bet that I'll have outlets like that.

I tried to scrounge up enough of X-10 stuff to put on the lights. No luck. I couldn't get the pair I found, a new appliance switch from Radio Shack and an old X-10 controller to work together. I have to find more to see which part is toast.

I'm going to automate the whole house so I'll be getting more.

Sooo....I ended up going out on the deck when I let the dog out, sometimes barefoot in the snow, to plug and unplug the spotlights. The rest of the lights and Santa just stayed on.

It's my first year. I'll get my act together anon.

I tried to scrounge up enough of X-10 stuff to put on the lights. No luck. I couldn't get the pair I found, a new appliance switch from Radio Shack and an old X-10 controller to work together. I have to find more to see which part is toast.

I'm going to automate the whole house so I'll be getting more.

Sooo....I ended up going out on the deck when I let the dog out, sometimes barefoot in the snow, to plug and unplug the spotlights. The rest of the lights and Santa just stayed on.

It's my first year. I'll get my act together anon.

That stuff is on timers or wireless remote controls around here. I'm not going out in that weather just to turn a stupid light on or off. :p

Amen!

I swear to you, I saw a house with a yard full of giant hearts last Valentines Day. I think that's the true sign of the end of civilization as we know it :hairraise:.

I swear to you, I saw a house with a yard full of giant hearts last Valentines Day. I think that's the true sign of the end of civilization as we know it :hairraise:.

Well, maybe. Last year about a week before Christmas I saw a giant inflated Homer Simpson in his normal attire (no Christmas apparel evident...) in someone's front yard in Montclair NJ. I figured that was the true sign of the end of the world.....

-Skip

Back