I finally got a job!

janikpilot

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
janikpilot
So I'm sure you guys remember me from a couple months back. I'm a junior in high school who has waiting over 5 years to start my training, but haven't been able to since I had no source of income. But today, that whole story changed.

I got a job doing something different than working at a grocery store or fast food restaurant, which I am EXTREMELY grateful for. I now work as a computer programmer for a small business near my home. The pay is excellent, more than enough to start training in the next couple months. So for those of you out there that are wishing you could start training but don't have the funds, trust me, it does get better. Just never give up and keep working at it. I knew my endless hours spent studying would pay off in the long run.

--janikpilot :D

Well congratulations! You have risen to the level above burger flippers, janitorial assistants and freight pilots!

Good for you, kid. It's refreshing to come across young people who are willing to work for their dreams.

-Rich

Hmm... a young fella, working in the computer world and wanting to fly. Of whom does this remind me?

Thank you guys, very much :)

And I have realized many pilots out there are in involved in the computer industry, or at least have interest in technology.

Thank you guys, very much :)

And I have realized many pilots out there are in involved in the computer industry, or at least have interest in technology.

Well, also keep in mind you are on an Internet forum. I would think the demographic that chooses this as a medium to communicate with other pilots, enbrase technology more then the average pilot, so the population will be skewed in our favor :)

This is America...it's a ladder system. Not a bid. A laddeeerrrrr. We work our way up. This is why we should never make a big deal about raising the minimum wage. Become more valuable in the market place. Focus more on improving yourself than your job.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_vTZo2WXBw

This is the big break you have been waiting and looking for. Study the job hard, from top to bottom. Learn everything thou can about the business, and then double your efforts and learn it again. This is a viable business and you have just been given the opportunity of a lifestyle me to learn how a small business works and how they make a profit.

In 5 years start your own business and you will have a Lear jet in 10 years. The sky is the limit my friend. Learn, pay your dues, be loyal to your employer, they make your move.

Early to bed, early to rise, work like hell, and advertise.

Ted Turner.

This is the big break you have been waiting and looking for. Study the job hard, from top to bottom. Learn everything thou can about the business, and then double your efforts and learn it again. This is a viable business and you have just been given the opportunity of a lifestyle me to learn how a small business works and how they make a profit.

In 5 years start your own business and you will have a Lear jet in 10 years. The sky is the limit my friend. Learn, pay your dues, be loyal to your employer, they make your move.

Early to bed, early to rise, work like hell, and advertise.

Ted Turner.

I must say, some of the best advice comes in concentrated sentences. I plan to study the operation of this business, as I've always had a thought in the back of my mind to start my own. I've already studied some of the terminology they use and their products and services. Thank you for the advice.

I must disagree though. The sky isn't the limit for pilots :rolleyes:

And thank you everybody else for the congratulations! :D

Back