I don't ever want to hear "its a dry heat" again

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
Today, its going to be 89 degrees in Albuquerque. The humidity is currently 70%.

This is BS.

quit your whining. we've been pushing 100 for the last week, with dew points in the mid 70s. around sunset the temps get down to 95 or so and it finally gets halfway comfortable outside.

It could be worse...it could be Houston where it's 104 and 110% humidity. Everything is bigger in Texas including the humidity...:D

89F and 70% and you are complaining??

Sorry Nick I think you need to get your big girl panties on because that is really nothing at all. ;) :)

You have not lived until you have been in the deep south for a double 9 day, actually weeks. That is were you get temps in the 90's with humidity in the 90's as well.

89/70 is pretty normal Midwest summer weather. No biggy at all.

It could be worse...it could be Houston where it's 104 and 110% humidity. Everything is bigger in Texas including the humidity...:D

And that's in the shade...heck, when an afternoon isolated thunderstorm wanders by, it's akin to being steamed like a lobster. :frown2:

You have not lived until you have been in the deep south for a double 9 day, actually weeks. That is were you get temps in the 90's with humidity in the 90's as well.

+1 +1 +1

I built in AL, GA, & MS for about 3 years from '04 to '07.

And I hope to never go back.

Last edited:
"Typical Houston summer day, with the temperature and humidity 98 and 98. You can either breathe the air or drink it." -- Gordon Baxter

89/70 is pretty normal Midwest summer weather. No biggy at all.
Indeed. That's a nice spring day in Houston. It's also enough to get my northern Wisconsin-bred roommate to complain mightily that it's too hot.

That was pretty much the expected weather between Memorial Day and Labor Day in Charleston SC, when I was stationed there in the USN. The living spaces on the ship had A/C, the working spaces did not. :frown3:

-Skip

Today, its going to be 89 degrees in Albuquerque. The humidity is currently 70%.

This is BS.
Would you like to trade for thunder, lightning, pouring rain? I have plenty. My surplus has been growing for several weeks.

Anything over 70degF and I start bitching - humidity or no humidity.

Amen!

And that's in the shade...heck, when an afternoon isolated thunderstorm wanders by, it's akin to being steamed like a lobster. :frown2:

Also true... I gotta say, I experinced a couple of 100-deg days in Phoenix a few weeks ago - it was nothing compared to the 100-deg + 110% humidity days here. There is some truth to that whole "dry heat" saying.

"Typical Houston summer day, with the temperature and humidity 98 and 98. You can either breathe the air or drink it." -- Gordon Baxter

That's hilarious, and true.

Nick, to us, 70% humidity IS dry!

Now you know why I live where I do. No big heat, no high humidy, no really cold winters, no blood sucking insects, no huricanes, no tornadoes, the only killer weather we have is the grey stuff that will bore you to death.

Its 70ish today with high broken to scattered puffy white stuff.

http://www.komonews.com/weather/

It's probably around 80 here today. It's been a cool wet summer which is good because I don't have A/C in my house. Oddly I was talking to a guy from Florida the other day who said the climate here in Colorado bothers him because it's too dry...

attachment.php

BTW it was hanging on the nail over my left shoulder...in the shade. I emailed it out today and people said because I'm not sweating its a "dry heat". Well the fact is that I came out from the air conditioning, took a picture and went back into a/c.:D

Attachments

• hot iraq vsmall.jpg
    hot iraq vsmall.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
oof scott. i can't imagine the helo's like that sort of DA!

The Hawk as plenty of power reserve but it sure has an effect on peformance.

attachment.php

BTW it was hanging on the nail over my left shoulder...in the shade. I emailed it out today and people said because I'm not sweating its a "dry heat". Well the fact is that I came out from the air conditioning, took a picture and went back into a/c.:D

Ok... You win (lose?). ;)

My bro-in-law is outside a lot in the sandbox NE of Baghdad this week. He said he is working up one heckuva farmer's tan right now. ha!

The Hawk as plenty of power reserve but it sure has an effect on peformance.

are there any Kiowas over there anymore? When I was at RC we were working on the ARH which was supposed to replace it because they were having a bunch of DA issues with it. Although a lot of that was in Afghanistan I think. Of course now they've canceled the program...

Ya know I want the job of the person who tells forcasters how hot it is. "dang, it feels like 110! Thank you...that'll be $25"

Tony, I work with the Marines so I don't see to many Army birds. I usually see the UH-1, AH-1, CH-46, and awhile ago the V-22 Ospreys.

It's a balmy 59*F w/48% humidity here in Anchor-town. Can't wait to get back to the lower 48 aka the real world.

This is BS.

Just think of Gaston's a few years back Nick. It will seem nice then. :rofl:

This is BS.

Wimp ;)

Try Houston sometime. Even DC is worse than that during the summer.

ahh.. the Monsoon season has arrived.. we've had thunderstorms the last two days.. normally that is reserved for August.. but it's drying out now and tomorrow it is supposed to be 104F with less than 20% humidity.

And people wonder why I don't live on the east coast.. especially the SE coast
90F and 90% just kills me.

DRy Heat? yea sure, a blast furnace is dry heat too. Like Tom-D , I love my cool Seattle weather.. 40-80 is fine with me... the Midwest? been there done that, you can have it! Rain? NYC gets more annual percipitation than Seattle, & New Orleans 3x's as much. The differnce is that Midwest rain POURS from the sky, & Seattle rain drizzles down in fine mist. We call it Oregon mist, Missed Oregon hit Washington again. Heat & snow are both four letter words. DaveR

DRy Heat? yea sure, a blast furnace is dry heat too. Like Tom-D , I love my cool Seattle weather.. 40-80 is fine with me... the Midwest? been there done that, you can have it! Rain? NYC gets more annual percipitation than Seattle, & New Orleans 3x's as much. The differnce is that Midwest rain POURS from the sky, & Seattle rain drizzles down in fine mist. We call it Oregon mist, Missed Oregon hit Washington again. Heat & snow are both four letter words. DaveR

We live on the other side of the convergence zone, come on up. :)

Attachments

• 4_6day.jpg
    4_6day.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 6
I remember living (existing?) in Houston. 2 showers a day, and only the first one was at home in the bathroom.

BTW - at Amundson base, Antarctica today, it's -54 F with no worries about a sun burn.

Working ARRL Field Day today...

Currently 95 and we're thankful it's only 58% humidity.

Bah! When I go waterskiing:

85 is great

80 is pretty good

75 is OK

OTOH, if I need to perform some work outdoors around the house or hangar:

72 is warm.

65 is ideal.

55 is fine.

-lance

Amen.

72 is warm.

65 is ideal.

55 is fine.

When I have a hotel room solo, it's like a meat locker, summer or winter.

Frost forms on the coffeemaker.

Back