I didn't know ForeFlight did this until today's flight...

I found out yesterday that it gives you an altitude warning at 12000ft. I don't normally get that high

amongst the items you can have in the "instrument" bar at the bottom..... the altimeter setting at a field close to you as reported by the ADSB-In system.

Didn't know that was available until today.

View attachment 63343
Favorite feature (so far) is uploading Track Logs to CloudAhoy so I can debrief after training flights. CloudAhoy is able to detect pretty much anything you do and separate it out so you can look at heading, altitude, speed, turn rate, and probably a couple of other variables. It helped me square out my work in the pattern, confirm that I can do a good turn around a point (and how good), steep turns, the works. Data gone wild!

FF is a highly marketed product priced considerably more than other products that people accumulated, correlated, and presented. You are paying a premium for marketing.

Show us another product with a similar feature set that's not similarly priced.

FF is a highly marketed product priced considerably more than other products that people accumulated, correlated, and presented. You are paying a premium for marketing.
Marketing is often blamed for high prices, but without marketing, product sales might be too low to be able to support the development of a quality product. Marketing has it's place, even if I do hate ads that are forced in front of my face.

Referring to the original feature mentioned, does it indicate the age of the data in any way? I just checked Garmin Pilot and they have this feature, but it doesn't give you the age. I don't like trusting that it's not giving me a baro reading from a station that's been broken for 3 days.

Referring to the original feature mentioned, does it indicate the age of the data in any way? I just checked Garmin Pilot and they have this feature, but it doesn't give you the age. I don't like trusting that it's not giving me a baro reading from a station that's been broken for 3 days.
Not on the instrument bar. But if you get the latest weather info for the station, you do see the age of the report.

Not on the instrument bar. But if you get the latest weather info for the station, you do see the age of the report.
Same with Garmin Pilot, but that kind of defeats the purpose of adding it to the status bar.

According to the manual:

Pilot's Guide to ForeFlight Mobile said:
Nearest Baro shows the altimeter baro setting for the closest reporting airport, if recent METAR information is available.
It doesn't define "recent" but they do appear to have thought of the same thing you did.

I assume it is a GPS-derived message?

No. It is for cabin altitude. Again, from the manual:

Pilot's Guide to ForeFlight Mobile said:
Cabin Altitude Advisor

If your iPad/iPhone is equipped with a barometric pressure sensor, or is connected to an external device that provides that capability (such as a Stratus 2S or Garmin Flight Stream 210), ForeFlight will monitor your cabin’s pressure altitude and provide alerts when you pass 12,000’ MSL and 25,000’ MSL.

The iDevices that have the baro sensor are iPhones 6 and newer, iPad Mini 4, iPad Air 2 and newer (including all Pro and current models).

Back