I did it!!!!!

HPNFlyGirl

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
iBrookieMonster
Today was the first day that I have ever taken an aircraft from preflight to shut down all on my own. I finally feel like a pilot. :yes: :)

HPNFlyGirl said:
Today was the first day that I have ever taken an aircraft from preflight to shut down all on my own. I finally feel like a pilot. :yes: :)

Good for you and Congrats!!

I am also assuming that between the preflight and shutdown you flew a little too!;);)

tell us about it!

Hey brook, good work! and how was the flying? that is whats its all about.

Life is good. Posting bites. Heh heh. Everytime I try to post my story I hit go advanced to check it and it gets lost. I will post when I get back to my regular computer.

HPNFlyGirl said:

Cool for you. Story?

HPNFlyGirl said:
Congratulations. It really is an amazing feeling!

smigaldi said:
Good for you and Congrats!!

I am also assuming that between the preflight and shutdown you flew a little too!;);)

tell us about it!
LOL. Congrats. Pretty soon you will be asking yourself why you are paying someone to ride with you.

I took off work today...the rents are in ACK right now...and arrived at the airport at 8 am. I, preflighted the airplane, had the FBO people fuel the plane and bring me a quart of oil. Preflight is all done.

Run to the FBO thank the guys for fueling their services, give them some muffins, got to the ladies room, then off to find my CFI...whos FT job is right next to the flight school. "Hey Bobby. Everything looks good. Here are some muffins for you and your coworkers." "Be safe up there and fly it like you know how. Let me know when you are done." I had him my radio & he was like..."I dont have time for that. You will do just fine." "Ok...I will let you know when I park the plane. Tudles."

Start up the plane..everything looks good. New radios & GPS compared to what I am used too. I was able to obtain the AWOS but not transmit. I called Bobby on the cell. "Hey Bobby." "Brook...do you have the plane running?" "Yeah...Hey...with this new radio/GPS I can hear people but I cannot transmit." He talked me through it. "Johnston Co. UNICOM 737LK radio chk." "737LK, loud and clear." "737LK taxiing to rwy 3."

Runup and everything went well. Did my 360 to look for traffic. All clear. Wow...all by myself. Carly Simon or whatever ya know.

Take the active and get aligned with the centerline. Life is good. Go up, and around the pattern. 1st landing. LIFE IS GREAT!!!!! Full stop taxi back.

All my other take offs and landings were pretty sweet, though my appchs were a litle high. Nothing I couldn't correct for in time to get down My next to last appch sucked....I went around. This go around was nice.

Last appch was nice. The landing was nice too. Even my parking job was sweet.

The next student was waiting so I handed him the keys and put my stuff in my car. Ran over to my CFI's job and told him the wonderful news that I had made it back safely and the plane was still reusable. He was really busy so I am still waiting for him to call me so I can tell him about my day.

Im so happy. :'-)

I still remember the "Oh sh*t, what have I done now..." feeling when the wheels left the ground on my first "solo solo".

Congrads!

HPNFlyGirl said:

A very nice accomplishment Brook, congratulations!:yes:

Kewl! You'll get that "now I feel like a real pilot" feeling even more when you do your first solo XC! :yes:

Thanks for the write-up and good work, Brook. It just keeps getting more addictive.

YAY BROOK!!!

Glad to hear you're actively in the air again!

Petra

p.s. No muffins for the CFI unless he stands at the end of the runway and cheers you on.

He looked out every now & then from his shop. Yesterday was a trip to a different airport. Uh can we say I have lots to work on. Heh heh.

Back