I did it!

jdennis1989

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
jdennis1989
After today I finally got to experience the feeling I have only read about on here. After five touch and go's my instructor turned to me just as I was about to put the bird back in the air and asked if I wanted to Solo. Next thing I know he is standing on the taxi way and I'm all by myself. First landing felt like the best landing I have ever made, and the two after that felt awesome too. There really is no other feeling like it!:goofy::goofy::rollercoaster::happydance:

Congrats!!! Just did mine a week and 2 days ago but who's counting!! So are you good to go now or do they want to do a few supervised before letting you go complekty solo?

Congratulations! Nothing else in the world like flying.

internet-high-five.jpg

Don't get too used to landings like that, I think the best landing I ever had was my 1st solo one :)

Congrats!!! Just did mine a week and 2 days ago but who's counting!! So are you good to go now or do they want to do a few supervised before letting you go complekty solo?

Congrats to you too! I have to do a few more supervised I think. I didn't want to stop today, so I scheduled my next session for tomorrow morning haha.

I did the same I've been going non stop weather was crap the last few days I tried getting one in today. I started my night foggle and cross country now as well. What's your plans kill some solo or get into the other requirements.. You will be "flying high" the next couple days I was smiling for Ever! Very happy for you great news!

My instructor said if the weather stays good tomorrow then I will get to log some more solo time, I'm assuming touch and go's only. We haven't discussed the next step after that yet, I was too speechless lol. Good luck on the night flying, I can't wait to start that too!

Surprised he is Letting you do touch n goes and not full stops. I went solo last week after my first and was doing touch and goes it was wild really pulls to to the left without him in the plans.1

Well my solo landings may have been my worst of all time, so you're ahead of the game. Congrats!!

Congrats!

Interestingly, what I'll remember most about my first solo is an extremely brief moment of terror as I lifted off, knowing that the only way I'd live through this is if I got the thing back on the ground all by myself.

Luckily, it was all business after that brief moment. :D

Congratulations! :cheers:

I did mine about a month ago, and like you absolutely greased my first three. I've been out a few times on my own after that, with somewhat mixed results. Oh well, it's a learning process...

Congrats on the solo! You can now lay claim to doing something very few people can say they've done in their lifetime- you took a plane into the sky and landed back safely all on your own! You'll have many stories to share from this point forward.

I soloed about 2 years ago now( hard for me to believe honestly- and I can still remember the day with vivid recollections and also with true fondness. Well done!

Congratulations! It is a flight you will always remember.

John

Congratulations..:thumbsup:

I did my first solo April 2nd 2012 - Still remember every moment of the 3 take off and landings like it was yesterday.

PPL checkride October 15th 2012 - still vividly remember that very nervous day also....

Wait, so when you say solo, was there anyone else in the plane? They just let someone without a license fly alone, like for real? Not in a simulator?

Congrats! as others have said, you won't forget that flight. I found that without even trying I remember the date of mine like it was my birthday. Cheers!

Wooohoo! When I read these, I get "phantom" feelings of all the blood rushing to my feet again, like my first solo. :)

Congratulations!

Wait, so when you say solo, was there anyone else in the plane? They just let someone without a license fly alone, like for real? Not in a simulator?

I've gotten that question several times...even though my first solo was about two years ago and I've been a pilot for over a year and a half.

Congrats!

When I tell people that I had to solo as part of my experience, typically people said "So they give you a license? Nice. Can you show me my house from up there?"

And to OP: Congrats!

Congrats, I just did mine last month as well.

Such a great feeling.

Back