I can't use my plastic license anymore

asgcpa

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
CPA
Examiner punched a hole in it and gave me a piece of paper to replace it.

Yes I finally got my re-ride in and passed my instrument Checkride.

Had to retake written 2 weeks ago (new one under ACS) because written lapsed end of May. Got a 92 on it.

Oral was far more risk and scenario based than the previous oral taken almost two years ago.

This time I was far more ready for the Checkride than before.

I've been back working on it for 6 months in my plane I bought with a couple of guys last fall. We put the new Avidyne IFD series avionics in it. So I've been spending time learning the plane and avionics. I'm thankful we put in the 540, as my mfd failed (overheated) during the ride so I used the moving map on the 540. Go figure when it is in the mid to upper 90s in the south at low altitudes with no a/c in the plane and you've been at it for over an hour.

Wasn't the perfect ride. Decided to go missed on my hand flown ILS because it was too tight a vector in and I didn't feel I was configured properly. Requested an extended vector on the 2nd attempt which allowed me to nail it.

Examiner was extremely fair.

Last edited:
Give yourself some personal minimums and go fly in IMC by yourself. Develops a ton of confidence, the right kind. Congrats!

Congratulations! Gives me hope...

Congratulations and welcome to the ancient and honourable order of Temporary Airmen!!

Back