I cannot believe what I just saw...

I'm close to finishing my PPL, and this thread is one of the things I find completely obnoxious about the aviation community. The community is just completely infested with cranks that think they have a god-given right to get up in anyone else's face whenever they are doing something wrong. Whatever happened to the old fashioned idea of minding your own business and not sticking your nose where it isn't wanted? It really is a huge turn-off and doesn't make me really care about treating this hobby as a social outlet.

Have some fun with them. Start hot fueling. Pee on the ramp while hot fueling, you got a hand for each hose.:lol:

I'm close to finishing my PPL, and this thread is one of the things I find completely obnoxious about the aviation community. The community is just completely infested with cranks that think they have a god-given right to get up in anyone else's face whenever they are doing something wrong. Whatever happened to the old fashioned idea of minding your own business and not sticking your nose where it isn't wanted? It really is a huge turn-off and doesn't make me really care about treating this hobby as a social outlet.

Hmm, as a frequent Bay Area flyer well beyond the student pilot stage, I have yet to experience that.

Quite the opposite, actually. No one stopped the Tesla guys from their stupid pilot trick.

Have some fun with them. Start hot fueling. Pee on the ramp while hot fueling, you got a hand for each hose.:lol:

Tell people you're standing by for fire prevention...:lol:

We live in a fishbowl. Every stupid pilot trick by someone affects all of us, to the extent the Press jumps on it and the legislators jump on it and the lawyers jump on it. We all have a stake in folks not doing stupid stuff.

Aviation is a different ballgame IMO. One of the reasons aviation is so safe is because we are somewhat self policing. Less so in the 91 GA ranks , and that is reflected in the much higher accident rate.

When driving down the road in our cars and someone cuts us off weaving lanes, some people will speed up to make it close, as though they are trying to challenge the other car. In aviation we may see someone taxiing fast and may not hold short of an intersecting taxiiway. Do we put the coals to it and challenge the other airplane? Hell no. We stop and shake our head at the other guy. That is an example of self policing that helps keep aviation safe.

Last edited:
We live in a fishbowl. Every stupid pilot trick by someone affects all of us, to the extent the Press jumps on it and the legislators jump on it and the lawyers jump on it. We all have a stake in folks not doing stupid stuff.

Not really. No one cares. Occasionally a bottom feeder will take notice for personal gain. It'd be nice to be important enough for the world to notice. We ain't.

Not really. No one cares. Occasionally a bottom feeder will take notice for personal gain. It'd be nice to be important enough for the world to notice. We ain't.

The non aviation community doesn't care about an individual GA accident like they do an airliner, but over time the aggregate of GA accidents certainly do put private aviation in the spotlight. Something as simple as "I'm not getting in that little prop thing", is a direct result of this.

The non aviation community doesn't care about an individual GA accident like they do an airliner, but over time the aggregate if GA accidents certainly do put private aviation in the spotlight. Something as simple as "I'm not getting in that little prop thing", is a direct result of this.

Nope. We've been wrecking em at a pretty good clip for the last 100 years. Only thing that has changed is people being more risk averse in general. That ain't our fault.

Nope. We've been wrecking em at a pretty good clip for the last 100 years. Only thing that has changed is people being more risk averse in general. That ain't our fault.

What do you mean "nope"? You make it sound like your opinion is the only thing that matters.

Ahhh... People have been saying for years "I'm not getting in that prop thing".
The aggregate of time likely started from the first news reporting. Of course with today's 24/7 news cycle it has intensified.

Back