I am very proud to announce that...

Good luck to them. It looks like a glorified career fair.

Wow...tough crowd in here.

I'm the Founder of MODAERO, so I wanted to stop in and say Hi. Rather than responding to all the previous comments (many of which are factually inaccurate or based upon faulty premise) I'd like to invite any questions you have about MODAERO. Fire-at-will!

- Brian

Do you have a list of the exhibitors who will be there yet?

More career fairs and fewer protests and demonstrations would be a good thing.

C'mon now..... If we all got jobs, who would be there to get all the free handouts? :rolleyes:

Ahh... you're saving all your "self-grandiosity" for another thread later. Got it.

Haha.

Everyone listen up.

Captain says only he may behave with "self-grandiosity" in his upcoming new complaint thread, and all other such behavior is off-topic on this thread.

He will have to approve all such "self-grandiosity" personally in all threads. He will let you know when it's okay.

Do you often announce for others what they will do?

Let me reflect on what you HAVE done...

Saw a post from me. Decide you don't like me and take the opportunity to complain about some nonrelated issue. Then when called on it proceed to make an a$$ of yourself.

Denver, why do you torment yourself? I bear no ill will towards you at all but dealing with constant attacks from you grows tiresome. Please stop or maybe put me on ignore...whatever helps you regain your center.

Yes, for a list of exhibitors/sponsors please check our website. It is updated frequently. Thanks!

Last edited:
I think this would be a ton fun to go to but unless they'll be playing good ol' Geroge the whole, you lost me at DJs...

The music the kids these days are listening to is just absurd.

Yes, for a list of exhibitors/sponsors please check our website. It is updated frequently. Thanks!

If you get a pretty decent list of exhibitors I will definitely come and check it out. I do agree that we need to encourage the younger crowd to get more involved in GA. Anything that helps that I will support. I hope your event is very successful because that can only help all of us.

I think this would be a ton fun to go to but unless they'll be playing good ol' Geroge the whole, you lost me at DJs...

Elle King is fun and has a current hit...

If they've got pot and the Beach Boys are playing, count me in!

Sounds like my mother back in the sixties.

More career fairs and fewer protests and demonstrations would be a good thing.

And...WAIT...

From your posts here, I always thought you were a product of the sixties. How could you possibly be against protests and demonstrations?

Funny, when I was younger I didn't care about getting involved in aviation as a social event with people my own age, sex or race. I just liked airplanes.

Yep, and that's how most pilots are and have been, and that is a large factor in why the pilot population is so low in comparison with the same budgetary discretion boating/hot rod/race population demographics. Most people want a social aspect out of their entertainment dollar. I applaud the effort and wish her luck with it. It'll be interesting to see where she can take it. Live music is always a good attractor.

Last edited:
Yep, and that's how most pilots are and have been, and that is a large factor in why the pilot population is so low in comparison with the same budgetary discretion boating/hot rod/race population demographics. Most people want a social aspect out of their entertainment dollar. I applaud the effort and wish her luck with it. It'll be interesting to see where she can take it. Live music is always a good attractor.

I never said I didn't enjoy the social aspect of aviation. I just don't limit myself to a particular age, sex or race within that group. I associate with people who love aviation. Just like the people who I fly on intro flights, could be young, old, whatever.

There is a definate attitude from a lot of older pilots of self grandiosity. Need proof? Look at all the threads here complaining about younger pilots and bemoaning glass, GPS, and any myriad of other trivial things.

One can only sit and listen politely for so long to how great it was in the old days and how crap 'kids these days' are.
Hey FirstOfficer: Yeah, young pilots take a lot of crap and so do the older ones. MODAERO is for ANYONE interested in the future of aviation. Hope to see you there!

Brian, Founder
MODAERO NextGen Aviation Festival

Tone of their message is:
If you are a member of the Codger Association, don't bother coming. This an event for the children only

ok, we can take a hint

:(
Hi Gwen: No, that's not the tone of our event. The tone is really INCLUSION. I understand that by "targeting" a certain demographic or generation that we're could have made that impression, but this isn't a "cool kids party". We are just trying to give the "future generation" an event to call their own. How many 20-yr olds are on the planning committees for Oshkosh, Sun-n-Fun, Sebring, etc. It's their show...but all are welcome!!!

Keep flying,
Brian, Founder
MODAERO
NextGen Aviation Festival

I would agree with the snipped advert... I don't really care about old planes or war birds. They do nothing for me. I get excited to see a new Cirrus and would love to step into the new DA62. I'll walk right past a Bonanza and be like, meh, whatever.

Cutting edge, latest and greatest, glass, now I'm interested. Never been to a mega show like Osh or SnF. I'd go if I was in the area, but I'm noting gonna make a trip out of it.

Aviation is more of a tool than a hobby to me. If I wanted it to be a hobby, id get my RW add on and buy an Exec 162F because helis are where my heart is.

So yea, I think their hypothesis is pretty spot on.
Unit 74 - Glad to hear you think we're up to something decent. Hope you can make it!

Brian, Founder
MODAERO
NextGen Aviation Festival

Y'all are going to make me agree with Captain? I've gotten the same feeling, and I'm Ed Fred's age.
Hope you can make it Captain! March 16-19 @ KCXO. If you have any content ideas for panels, speakers, entertainment, food, etc....we'd love to hear it. #TakingRequests

Brian, Founder
MODAERO

Hey Rachel: Any music requests? There will be a large variety of choices.

Brian, Founder
MODAERO

Thanks IHenning. Hope to see you there...March 16-19, Conroe, TX (KCXO)

I never said I didn't enjoy the social aspect of aviation. I just don't limit myself to a particular age, sex or race within that group. I associate with people who love aviation. Just like the people who I fly on intro flights, could be young, old, whatever.
Velocity173: It's definitely not about young vs old. It's for everybody. We're just trying to make it fresh so that "Everybody" includes those that don't go to other events. Hope you give it a try.

-Brian

Do you often announce for others what they will do?

Let me reflect on what you HAVE done...

Saw a post from me. Decide you don't like me and take the opportunity to complain about some nonrelated issue. Then when called on it proceed to make an a$$ of yourself.

Denver, why do you torment yourself? I bear no ill will towards you at all but dealing with constant attacks from you grows tiresome. Please stop or maybe put me on ignore...whatever helps you regain your center.

Not attacking you at all.

If you thought that was an attack...

That wasn't an attack, that was simply observation.

I honestly laughed out loud reading you giving advice not to be involved in "self-grandiosity". (That is SUCH an awesome phrase/word. It reeks of itself. You never hear that word combo in normal discussion.)

No off-center here either. Really don't care. Otherwise the original post wouldn't have said I found it hilarious enough to laugh out loud on an airliner.

I wasn't kidding. It was funny.

If you can't see the humor in it, I don't know what to tell ya. You're pretty funny when giving personality advice.

I didn't make you funny, I simply observed it. Nothing to get upset about.

Be yourself man, I don't mind a bit. Embrace the Type A. Tell everyone else not to do it, too.

I didn't say it didn't suit you. Or to stop. You be you. It's all good. I'll laugh in private if it bothered you.

I thought you'd notice the irony and get a chuckle at yourself. Using a phrase like "self-grandiosity" to tell others to stop it? LOL.

And coming from you, the Board's Patron Saint of Stomping off in a Huff?

Funny ****. Seriously. I loved it. You can't pay for better entertainment than that when bored on an SWA flight.

At least I had four more inches of legroom by sitting in the exit row. The most other excitement sitting there was...

"Yes I know you have to ask by law, and yes, I'm willing to help shove anyone's fat ass that gets between me and that door through it really hard, thanks for asking!"

Okay not really. I just said "yes" vigorously while imagining it. Frankly, they say to pop that thing, I'm long gone. Only me and the dude in the window seat between me and outside? I'm not helping anyone by staying in their way.

See y'all out on the "Tarmac" which is what the press will be calling it later today... if we have to pop the over-wings. Haha.

Interesting side note: Apparently the over wing exit doors on the 737-800 don't have to be pulled inward, turned sideways, and heaved out onto the wing like the same doors of old. They apparently stay attached to the airplane body nowadays. Nifty. Boeing figured out a hinge that works. I've always been quite willing to launch those bastards as far as I can toss them through the hole.

I started that morning taking a family member to urgent care. That made me barely catch that flight. Might have made me look a little harder for something funny later in the day. Mornings at urgent care blow chunks.

Yay legroom. Yay tossing airplane parts outside. Yay funny PoA morality police posts. Boo urgent care.

So this is what it feels like to win an Internet argument?

Meh, expected this would be way more awesomer for some reason...

If you can call it music Rachel! Skynyrd baby! :yes::D

ps you lost me at "good ol' Geroge the whole", who dat?

Last edited:
Sounds like my mother back in the sixties.

And...WAIT...

From your posts here, I always thought you were a product of the sixties. How could you possibly be against protests and demonstrations?
I grew up.

So this is what it feels like to win an Internet argument?

Meh, expected this would be way more awesomer for some reason...

You haven't won one yet, but ignorance is bliss, so they say.

Boy George?
George Michael?
George Thorogood?
George Strait?
George Clinton?

Back