I am sure it was no one here, Meth drop

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-ula-calexico-drugs-20181218-story.html

Border patrol agents seized 129 pounds of narcotics worth $1.4 million and arrested two people after agents spotted a suspicious aircraft landing just north of Calexico, according to U.S. Customs and Border Protection.

Mh, yeah sure:

Ultralight aircraft not only pose a threat to legitimate air traffic in the vicinity, but also to national security,” said Chief Patrol Agent Gloria I. Chavez. “These aircrafts are able to carry small payloads of dangerous cargo or dangerous people.”

I want to know just how such an Illegal aircraft flying across an international boundary, carrying illicit compounds can escape the newsmedia's all-damning "The Aircraft Was Not On A Flight Plan"....when one of us makes a simple runway slide, and we don't hear the end of it!?

Good thing there wasn’t a TFR up..... they woulda murdered him.

What dummies. You're supposed to do meth drops during new moons and with the engine off.

Rich

In the instructional video I saw called "American Made" it said you were supposed to put life jackets on the drugs when you brought them in and just toss them out..

Jeez...they ought to require criminals crossing the border to at least file a flight plan or something...

Does this have to be reported at the next medical?

Thank goodness for Basic Medical.

In the instructional video I saw called "American Made" it said you were supposed to put life jackets on the drugs when you brought them in and just toss them out..

That was specifically for dropping in lakes/swamps.

I want to know just how such an Illegal aircraft flying across an international boundary, carrying illicit compounds can escape the newsmedia's all-damning "The Aircraft Was Not On A Flight Plan"....when one of us makes a simple runway slide, and we don't hear the end of it!?

Because the ultralight didn’t crash. It only bad to crash without a flight plan.

Surprised the article didnt call it a Cessna low-wing ultralight

Back