I am now the proud owner of seven toilets

woodstock

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
iTravel
Four in the house up here, three in South Carolina. Money is wired, documents are signed… I have a house! YIPPEE!

It's weird to think though - one person (and two cats) with seven toilets.. and so many people don't have running water let alone toilets. Geography is destiny I guess.

As my wife said when we moved into our current house "...great, two more toilets to clean.".

Good luck with the new homes.

Have you started training the cats to use the toilets?

Len

Now if you really want to brag, you should let my smuggle you back some 3.5 gallon per flush toilets from Canada. They really put the American 1.6 jobs to shame.

Dear old dad & your brother-in-law can come over for Thanksgiving & Christmas & you wont ever need a plunger :) :)

Congrats :)

And here I am thinking moving into an RV for a couple years with outdoor plumbing is a big step up in the world...

Oh well.:dunno: At least when I want to move, all I'll have to do is secure the dishes, drop the jacks, start the engine and drive off...

Attachments

• newRV.jpg
    newRV.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 28
fgcason said:
And here I am thinking moving into an RV for a couple years with outdoor plumbing is a big step up in the world...

Oh well.:dunno: At least when I want to move, all I'll have to do is secure the dishes, drop the jacks, start the engine and drive off...
Frank, that looks like it belongs in the pine barrens of NJ where I used to live :D

Eamon said:
Now if you really want to brag, you should let my smuggle you back some 3.5 gallon per flush toilets from Canada. They really put the American 1.6 jobs to shame.

Dear old dad & your brother-in-law can come over for Thanksgiving & Christmas & you wont ever need a plunger :) :)

Congrats :)
No, no, no, When it comes to toliets you have to go Japanese. Not only do they have the increased thrust from extra water, some even have impellors to assist, but they also have heated toliet seats!!! Nothing better on a cold morning than that except for maybe the built in pulsating bottom washer, AHHH!!!!

Congrats on the new toliet support facilities Elizabeth!!

I'm jealous! I only have 6.

Well, if you count the portables in the camper and in the boat I have 8, so that makes me feel a little better. But there are 5 of us, one dog and one hermit crab.

Ken Ibold said:

Well, if you count the portables in the camper and in the boat I have 8, so that makes me feel a little better. But there are 5 of us, one dog and one hermit crab.

Only two at my house. But I did just install a hot tub! :rofl:

Ken Ibold said:

Well, if we can count stuff like that, I have 5.

But 4 of them are those little bags you are supposed to pee in on the plane.:rofl:

Ken Ibold said:

8 toilets, a camper, a boat and a plane...now that is what I call the American Way, no wonder the rest of the world hates us!!! Keep up the good work Ken. :<)

Len

now why did I know using the word TOILET in the title would be provocative for a bunch of men? :D

woodstock said:
now why did I know using the word TOILET in the title would be provocative for a bunch of men? :D

Toliet facination is a Y chromosome thing isn't? :D:D

Did you note my heated toliet seat comment? Don't knock it, I know a lot of women that after a trip to Japan start looking to replace their US low flow with the super Japanese product from Toto

smigaldi said:
Toliet facination is a Y chromosome thing isn't? :D:D

Did you note my heated toliet seat comment? Don't knock it, I know a lot of women that after a trip to Japan start looking to replace their US low flow with the super Japanese product from Toto

When I went to Switzerland with some friends 2 years ago, their toilet in their bathroom had a special flusher that would water your butt down with warm water. imagine if you found that out by accident with a courtesy flush.

woodstock said:
When I went to Switzerland with some friends 2 years ago, their toilet in their bathroom had a special flusher that would water your butt down with warm water. imagine if you found that out by accident with a courtesy flush.

I DON'T need to imagine that :redface:;):D it happened to me, in Switzerland as well.

woodstock said:

Maybe because it involves at least one of the top five activities of most men? :D:D

woodstock said:
Four in the house up here, three in South Carolina. Money is wired, documents are signed… I have a house! YIPPEE!

Congrats! :drink: "Can't have too many things to maintain" I always say.

woodstock said:
....Geography is destiny I guess.

I call it "winning the birth lottery". :)

woodstock said:

You seem to have started a crapper contest.

Amusing short story: A friend of mine went to Nepal for 4 months recently. She got to one of the 3rd world countries enroute and had to go potty so she goes in and finds this potty hole in the floor. Ok fine, she was already expecting that so she does her thing. A minute later she's standing there washing her hands and in the mirror she notices a normal real 1st world toilet in the stall behind her. Hmmm. Look in the next stall, and the next, and the next... Turns out every stall in there had a real toilet EXCEPT for the one she used. She wrote it off as practical experience that would be useful for the duration.

fgcason said:
You seem to have started a crapper contest.

Amusing short story: A friend of mine went to Nepal for 4 months recently. She got to one of the 3rd world countries enroute and had to go potty so she goes in and finds this potty hole in the floor. Ok fine, she was already expecting that so she does her thing. A minute later she's standing there washing her hands and in the mirror she notices a normal real 1st world toilet in the stall behind her. Hmmm. Look in the next stall, and the next, and the next... Turns out every stall in there had a real toilet EXCEPT for the one she used. She wrote it off as practical experience that would be useful for the duration.

Did the Western toliets have broken seat?

I ask because in Brunei when I would find a western style toliet I always noticed the seats were broken, the otehr toliets were of the trench warefare hole in the ground ones. I finally asked one of the people I was travelling with what the deal was. he lived in Singapore and I had hoped he could translate the cultural toliet issue I was observing. He laughed and then said that most people in Brunei nove have seen a Western Toliet so when tney needed to use it the would stand on the seat and then squat. :hairraise:

Thus overloading the seat and breaking it.

smigaldi said:
Did the Western toliets have broken seat?

No clue though it's possible. (This was Taiwan I think) I'm still waiting with great impatience for a major trip debriefing. The point is that she didn't even attempt to look for a real toilet until after the fact.

I couldn't figure out WHY in Italy many of the toilets in restos and bars looked normal in all respects but for NO SEAT. i.e. someone just yanked the doo-dad you sit on. yes, I checked other stalls.

must be a guy designed it.

Where in SC? I'm tryin to get to Columbia.

woodstock said:

It's weird to think though - one person (and two cats) with seven toilets.. and so many people don't have running water let alone toilets. Geography is destiny I guess.

near Hilton Head... first town across the bridge actually.

thanks Dart! I agree... I think? (as long as someone comes to fix it when I call)

fgcason said:

Wouldn't you like to have a yacht to tow benind the RV?

HR

Attachments

• REDNECK_CRUISE_SHIP.jpg
    REDNECK_CRUISE_SHIP.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 20
Lawreston said:
Wouldn't you like to have a yacht to tow benind the RV?

I have some integrity and a little extra cash. I'm thinking about going with the twin that has a cargo hold and a view from the captains quarters. It even comes with the STC for air conditioning.

Attachments

• newYacht.jpg
    newYacht.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Congratulations on your accumulation of crappers. Now if you can train the cats to use them you will have better utilization.:yes:

Personally I think you should add one more to make it an even eight. Locate that one in a big enough plane so you can travel back and forth between the two.

woodstock said:

Hope they're the old 5 gallon style., Otherwise buy a lot of plungers

woodstock said:
I couldn't figure out WHY in Italy many of the toilets in restos and bars looked normal in all respects but for NO SEAT. i.e. someone just yanked the doo-dad you sit on. yes, I checked other stalls.

must be a guy designed it.

They still beat the "Turkish Squatters", a hole in the floor with painted foot prints. I've seen more in Italy than most other countries in Western Europe...

Ken Ibold said:

And the damn crab is ALWAYS hogging the toilet with the best seat! I know how they are!! :)

Back