I Am A Pilot

EHITCH

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Elizabeth
Hi everyone,
Passed my checkride this morning! Yee ha!

It's been a long time coming and I thank everyone here who answered questions and provided advice and encouragement. You are all a wonderful gang of folks.

Filet mignon and brunello for everyone!

Elizabeth Hitchcock

Congratulations! Way to GO! :cheerswine:

Congratulations, Elizabeth! :cheers:

If you're like I was, you'll wonder, "What now?" You'll have to think up missions.

Since you're a neighbor, you should join us for a fly-in breakfast Sunday or Monday. We may go to Boscobel or closer, Janesville.

Try lunch at Strongbow Inn in Valpo. Just remember that the Chicago lakefront corridor will be likely closed, with no notice whatsoever, for the fireworks on Sunday. BT, had a hairy trip out into the lake with no horizon.

Congratulations, fly safe and have fun!!

A big congrats to you. You have joined a select few.

You go girl!!!

Congratulations, and welcome to the eternal order of the flying few. :blueplane:

It really is a lesson to learn...

bill

Congratulations, Elizabeth!
Glad I found you guys just in time to share in your enjoyment!
YIPPEE!

mikea said:
Congratulations, Elizabeth! :cheers:

Since you're a neighbor, you should join us for a fly-in breakfast Sunday or Monday. We may go to Boscobel or closer, Janesville.

BT, had a hairy trip out into the lake with no horizon.

Thanks Mike! I'll take you up on the offer to join you for a fly-in, but this weekend is fully booked -- family, friends, fireworks, bbq, etc. And I want to hear your story about the lake.

Thanks everyone for your good wishes. Time for another glass of wine, here!:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:
Eliz

Didn't you used to live in Philly? :) Anyway, Congrats!

Elizabeth, that's GREAT! Congratulations!

Have you decided who you will take as your first passenger?

w00t!!

You, ma'am, are now teh win!!!

Now - get a plane, put the license to work - fly out here and we'll do lunch! :)

First thing I see on the board after finally getting home from Puerto Rico. Congratulations!!!!

Anthony – I did live in Phila, flew out of Wings. Been here about a year and a half, found my dream job. How about you, how’d you end up in Denver?

Diana, thanks – I have a long list of folks who want to be first, so I don’t know how many first passengers there will be. I need you and Toby to come up with some good “First Passenger Categories” – First Passenger Over 70 Years Old, First Passenger Who Can’t Drive Yet ---

Nick, I would love a plane, and would love to visit Albuquerque – but come to the Midwest for Oshkosh!

Richard, we went through all the charts – weather depiction, radar summary, FB – and thankfully there was not a lot of weather around so I did not have to interpret all the hieroglyphics – but I was ready for them with a crib sheet in my brain book.

Thanks again, everybody. Family and friends are fantastically supportive and thrilled for me, but you all know how it feels firsthand …..

EH

EHITCH said:
Anthony – I did live in Phila, flew out of Wings. Been here about a year and a half, found my dream job. How about you, how’d you end up in Denver?

Elizabeth. I was kidding you, I remember that you flew out of Wings and then moved away. We were trying to get you up in the Tiger, then you moved, then I moved to Denver. The "evil empire" (my company) moved me out here for work. :) Glad you found your dream job, and now you are a pilot!

Anthony said:
Elizabeth. I was kidding you, I remember that you flew out of Wings and then moved away.

Anthony,
Guess I better lighten up, I'm still in examination mode.... answering every question as completely as possible!
I still want a ride in the Tiger ...
E

CONGRATS!!!
Looking forward to all the "first-passenger" stories to come!

--Kath

Congrats Elizebeth! Fewer Licensed Pilots than M.D.s or so I've been told. A very exclusive group, and a mjaor acheivement! Well done B) .

Congrats Elizabeth

Hope you can make it down for the 99s fall section meeting in Louisville.
I am looking forward to meeting you.

:cheerswine:

ladyaviator said:
Congrats Elizabeth

Hope you can make it down for the 99s fall section meeting in Louisville.

:cheerswine:

It's on my calendar, Terri made it sound like such fun at the mid-winter meeting I decided right then I was going. Looking forward to seeing you there!
E

Good Going. Now you have a license to keep on learning. TAIL WINDS and fly safe. Congrads!!!!!!!:cheerswine:

Back