Cessna 150M Commuter. 3059 TT. 1376 SMOH. 182 STOH. New TKM MX300 NAVCOM
digital flip-flop, built in intercom & PTT, NARCO AT150 TXP, Terra AT3000
mode C encoder, heated pitot, all logs. Extensive annual completed July
2004 ? all AD's C/W, new aileron hinges, ELT batteries. Low time engine
accessories - Slick mags, harness, starter clutch, alternator. Recently
stripped and repainted metallic two-tone silver, recent glass (except rear
window), matching wheel pants included, tow bar. Recent compression check
72/76/74/74//80. Sharp paint scheme 9/10, interior in good condition
7/10. Window post covers and center plastic cracked ? should be replaced.
Rear window cloudy - should be replaced. This is the easiest starting
aircraft I have ever flown ? warm or cold. Climbs strong, cruise fast
(for a 150!). High value insurable certified aircraft for less money than
most ultralight types with snowmobile engines! Only 6-GPH for a 110 MPH
cruise! Use 1-qt oil for every 12-15 hours. Selling to move up to
4-seats!

This is the one to "replace" the Florida plane. I'm on the way to Wiscasset Airport. I'm outta here, more later.

HR

Lawreston said:
Just got a telephone call from Scott, owner/seller of :

1975 CESSNA C-150M ? $19,000 firm ? AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY ?

This is the one to "replace" the Florida plane. I'm on the way to Wiscasset Airport. I'm outta here, more later.

Luck!:yes:

Lawreston said:
Just got a telephone call from Scott, owner/seller of :

1975 CESSNA C-150M ? $19,000 firm ?

HR

"Luck," Lance, would have it that 5sm from the airport it started to rain very lightly. Pooh! I was about 10 min. behind schedule getting to the airport; when I walked out to the tie-down Scott had the engine running and all set to go. I took a couple exterior photos, squeezed myself in -- more used to getting into my old Skyhawk -- plugged in my headset, surveyed the panel, and taxied to depart 07. With a pleasant headwind we were quickly off at 70, climbing at 80, at around 800fpm. Niiiice.........and smoooooooth; controls are tight, very sensitive to the touch. We did some instrument checks, tracking the VOR for Augusta to the North, other maneuvers, intercepted the radial for going back to Wiscasset, and did two landings. 0.9 hours.
$17,000 plus 1/2 the cost of a new and full annual. Light rain wasn't really a problem.

HR
(( Oh, I now own 1/2(temporary situation) of a plane. Photos to be posted after the 18th))

Lawreston said:
(( Oh, I now own 1/2(temporary situation) of a plane. Photos to be posted after the 18th))

Need some sectionals, IFR charts, AF/Ds, and terminal procedure publications? ;)

Nevermind, they all outdated Thursday except the sectionals.

Carol said:
Need some sectionals, IFR charts, AF/Ds, and terminal procedure publications? ;)

Nevermind, they all outdated Thursday except the sectionals.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, lemmee see. :dunno: Ya know, respecting privacy, I never did let the cat out of the bag re "ferry pilot" references.

The Florida situation just seemed to evolve from promising to less-than-favorable, as regards trust. And, knowing from another Florida source that the seller was once in the FAA frying pan for having attempted to sneak an airplane into England(skirting taxes) via his British Virgin Islands registered corporation, it was time for my end to jump ship.

Side note to Arnold: Thanks for the note. With the above, you now know more than before.

Anyone ever see some idiot standing under the high wings(protection from the falling, light rain) of a Cessna, Wash Wax-All(ing) the doors and windows of his 1/2 of a plane? Who, me? :dunno: Finally, had to quit when the wind came up, accompanied by downpour.
Let's see: where did I put that Texas Aeroplastics catalogue? Here it is; page 12, Vertical Post Covers. Now, to compare Plane Plastics.
Yup; 'back in the saddle, again.'

HR

Lawreston said:
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, lemmee see. :dunno: Ya know, respecting privacy, I never did let the cat out of the bag re "ferry pilot" references.

Nor did I. B)

Joe Williams said:
Congrats on your purchase, Harley!

Thanks, Joe. I found the below photos in the C-150/152 Club website. Scott had posted the following data:

Year: 1975 Model: 150M Serial#: 15075871
90 of 1,278, 1975 150M's manufactured
17,870 of 21,404, 150's manufactured
Reg: N66148 Manufactured: 1974
Registration Last Modified: 1/12/2005
Registered to:
EDITED BY KEN IBOLD

Additional Information / Owner's Comments Posted:4/14/2005
Had 3,059 hours total time in April 2005.
I'll have May 15, 2005 flying photos in a day or so.

HR

Last edited by a moderator:
Richard said:
Vne = 160?

:eek:) If it hits that, I'm jumping out. Scott and his wife have, each, parachuted from this plane. I asked, "How?" and Scott said, "Very carefully."

HR

Lawreston said:
:eek:) If it hits that, I'm jumping out. Scott and his wife have, each, parachuted from this plane. I asked, "How?" and Scott said, "Very carefully."

HR

Umm... I think the better question would have been "Why?" Might be something you need to know about that plane!! :rofl:

Lawreston said:
...Scott and his wife have, each, parachuted from this plane. I asked, "How?" and Scott said, "Very carefully."

HR

Hopefully during different flights ;)

Congrats Harley, may your first year of ownership be more peaceful than mine.

Back