How to Preflight your Cirrus (A Satire)

You guys are killing me! :D

Btw, what's up with the water and red carpet? I understand the gesture but fail to see the logic behind the water.
"We are a very nice FBO, we treat you like royalty, here's a red carpet to make you feel above everyone and here are two bottles of cold water for .... make it lukewarm ... no, now definitely hot water ... for your long trip".
Down here in TX, you do not leave water sitting on pavement in sunlight. Maybe it is a company policy from up north where sun doesn't heat water? :)

I wonder if you'd care, Br-I-an, to do a satirical (or real) video on how you actually get to the airport and find your airplane. Do you just try the keys until a door opens? Or do you even remember to bring the keys? Or do you have the line guys pull the plane out and address you by name while telling you "this is your airplane, this one, here"? :D

Simple it's a port that doesn't move... Like the Port of Los Angeles. Not really sure what that has to do with airplanes though
That's not it. It's where you plug in your headset to hear static! Get it right next time...

You guys are killing me! :D

Btw, what's up with the water and red carpet? I understand the gesture but fail to see the logic behind the water.
"We are a very nice FBO, we treat you like royalty, here's a red carpet to make you feel above everyone and here are two bottles of cold water for .... make it lukewarm ... no, now definitely hot water ... for your long trip".
Down here in TX, you do not leave water sitting on pavement in sunlight. Maybe it is a company policy from up north where sun doesn't heat water? :)

I wonder if you'd care, Br-I-an, to do a satirical (or real) video on how you actually get to the airport and find your airplane. Do you just try the keys until a door opens? Or do you even remember to bring the keys? Or do you have the line guys pull the plane out and address you by name while telling you "this is your airplane, this one, here"? :D

I call Maggie and say "Can you please pull the plane onto the ramp for my 2:30 flight?"
She says "Sure thing and how much fuel do you need?"
I say "none today thanks"

I don't really drink water while flying so I have a lot of really warm water in the plane if anyone wants any.
Come flying in the winter and I will have cold water for you.

I call Maggie and say "Can you please pull the plane onto the ramp for my 2:30 flight?"
She says "Sure thing and how much fuel do you need?"
I say "none today thanks"

I don't really drink water while flying so I have a lot of really warm water in the plane if anyone wants any.
Come flying in the winter and I will have cold water for you.
My home FBO just leaves it in a cooler by the door... I always grab a bottle or two. I park on the other side, though, so I have to taxi over if I want any. They wind up in the airplane or in my flight bag. For a while, I had a stash at home from my accidental hoarding of water bottles.

I see Br-I-an here, I see Matt here, we're just clacking on the keyboard instead of mashing on the A/P buttons and GPS to punch in DirectTo.
Why don't we all go fly? Should I start a thread or at least a conversation? I'd say let's meet 1/2-way btw Houston and Dallas but we'd only be circling the Leona VOR so that won't work, we wouldn't have a place to land and chat.
Granted, we could yak on 121.5 and being so close to each other, we could hear ourselves easily over the "guard nazis". And once we run out of fuel while yakking, we can all flip it during an engine-out landing in a rough pasture while 6PC ends up inverted in the trees under his canopy. And if we haven't spilled the rest of the beer, we could finish the 12-pack.
What say you, gentlemen?

Cute video. I'm impressed by how tight the Cirrus is. A far cry from my 60's vintage spam can.

I'd say be careful accumulating too many bottles due to weight and balance issue, but, really, what does it matter?

So...is it ok to step on the propeller?

Also, do you only need to pre-flight once? Every time you fly after that, you've already "pre-flighted", right? Or if you do need to pre-flight for every flight, can you do a bunch of them in a row to save up for future flights?

Sometimes I use the sump jar to determine if there is water in my pee

Can you use Cloud Residue Remover on a plastic airplane?

Yes, but this is what happens if you scrub too hard

WP_20160122_004.jpg

I'm moving to Texas next month. I'm pretty excited about the possibility of meeting 6PC.

Its a good sign, the aviation community as a whole is likely not pre flighting correctly.
I feel like this is a learning opportunity and pilots realize it.
I have to believe that pilots are finally realizing that The Kings don't know what they are talking about. You have surely proven it to me!

Love this guys' comment on the thread:

"Agreed. I mean, seriously, he was pointing at the two planes in the background, which had their nose wheels installed on the wrong end of the aircraft, and said that he would feel comfortable flying any of them. Also, I believe they didn't even have chutes."

When I moved to Texas decades ago (well, 1.7 decades ago, hey, it's more than 1 ;) ), I thought I'd remain living in Texas. (because it sure is the friendliest state)
But I am slowly learning that I live in California now. Those who live in our great state surely know what I'm talking about and which hell I live in. :(

Houston. I'll be living in an airplane hangar on West Houston Airport with my new 172!
Oh nice, which hangar? I'd love to live out there. You may notice from my sig, that's where I fly out of... with my not-quite-new 172 lol

When I moved to Texas decades ago (well, 1.7 decades ago, hey, it's more than 1 ;) ), I thought I'd remain living in Texas. (because it sure is the friendliest state)
But I am slowly learning that I live in California now. Those who live in our great state surely know what I'm talking about and which hell I live in. :(
There's safe haven a half hour any direction, you know.

Explain? I have a small business in Texas and thank every day that we're based in Texas and not California... I'd like to know what you're referring to.

Sorry Lou... there's an old saying that if the devil owned Texas and Hell, he'd rent out Texas and live in Hell. And the person hearing that says "How would he know the difference?"

Explain? I have a small business in Texas and thank every day that we're based in Texas and not California... I'd like to know what you're referring to.
I'm betting on Longhorn central being the answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh nice, which hangar? I'd love to live out there. You may notice from my sig, that's where I fly out of... with my not-quite-new 172 lol

E2. We should meet for a drink some time. My C172 is new to me, but not new to the world! :p

E2. We should meet for a drink some time. My C172 is new to me, but not new to the world! :p
Oh man, that runway view apartment they've been listing? I have to admit, I seriously thought about it... but it was a tough pill to swallow for 500sqft. I work from home, so I need a bit more space than that (at least another room as an office), but working and living out there would be awesome. The hangar space along with it made it very appealing, though.

Oh man, that runway view apartment they've been listing? I have to admit, I seriously thought about it... but it was a tough pill to swallow for 500sqft. I work from home, so I need a bit more space than that (at least another room as an office), but working and living out there would be awesome. The hangar space along with it made it very appealing, though.

Yes, that's the one!

Oh no, he's even more famous now...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    146.5 KB · Views: 52
Sorry Lou... there's an old saying that if the devil owned Texas and Hell, he'd rent out Texas and live in Hell. And the person hearing that says "How would he know the difference?"
“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell” ― General Philip Sheridan (Yankee)
"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas." -- Davy Crockett (Texian)

First off - love the video.

Second off - now that I have lived several places Texas seems like a serious pit to me. Do like the hill country though.

Back