How to log time...PIC, etc.

VWGhiaBob

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
VWGhiaBob
Haven't been on this site for some time. I recall there was a guy who had a flowchart in his signature that made it crystal clear what can and cannot be logged as PIC, etc. Anyone able to send me a link?

Thank you.

Haven't been on this site for some time. I recall there was a guy who had a flowchart in his signature that made it crystal clear what can and cannot be logged as PIC, etc. Anyone able to send me a link?

Thank you.
I think he took it offline.

Betcha 6PC could come up with a cool youtube one. Are you listening Bryan? :D

Here it is. . .
Am I flying the aircraft?
No
Don't log it
Yes
Log it

Go ahead. Explain how it would make a difference. Be specific.
No certifications needed for anything public use, as it's not regulated by the FAA. No rotor certification? No problem! LOG IT ALL AS PIC!! The aircraft doesn't even exist as far as the FAA is concerned! Ask me how I know, be specific.

No certifications needed for anything public use, as it's not regulated by the FAA. No rotor certification? No problem! LOG IT ALL AS PIC!! The aircraft doesn't even exist as far as the FAA is concerned! Ask me how I know, be specific.
I guess I'll disagree. All of what you say might allow one to act as PIC in public aircraft without any FAA certificates or ratings, but I don't see how any of it has anything to do with logging PIC time under FAA rules toward FAA certificates, FAA ratings, FAA qualifications and FAA currency.

Acting vs logging. Different rules, different requirements.

Last edited:
Back