How to get a medical every time when you suffer from "Western" diseases.

stratobee

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
stratobee
I'm surprised there isn't more talk about how easy it is to quickly adjust vital statistics in this regard. I'm not suggesting this is a cure, but if you want to pass your medical and then deal with the underlying problem (most likely diet and weight related) and not get tangled up in the the rigmarole of the FAA machinery, read below. The short term cure for:

High blood pressure.
High pulse.
Pre-diabetes.
Cholesterol….

…is a water fast leading up to your appointment. Blood pressure will drop an average of 2-5" a day without food, sometimes more. And you'll drop at least 3-4lbs per day. Almost all pre-Type 2 diabetes blood values will stabilise without food. It really does work short term. Fasting is not dangerous unless you take it to extremes. Up to 7-10 days needs no supervision.

I'm no new age health nut at all, but I've water fasted many times. Longest has been 5 days. It strangely gives you more energy, more mental alertness and makes you feel great. I'm not kidding. Up to 3 days is dead easy, after the 4th it gets a little tougher, but still manageable. I've not done longer than 5 days.

I did not do it for the purpose of getting a medical, but I know it does wonders for both blood values and blood pressures as I had other health check up's unrelated to flying during this time. My blood pressure dropped more than 10" after just 2 days, and after a 4 day fast it was down more than 15". That's a huge drop and could be the difference between you passing or not passing your flight medical. Or having to do a sleep apnea study.

Last edited:
One of those options sounds a whole lot nicer to try than the others.

It will not lower your A1C values unless you do it over ten days, which is a dangerous period to go without eating.

Autoerotic Asphyxiation after water fasting, got it. Thanks so much, I was having a hell of a time finding an appropriate birthday gift to myself. :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back