How to fly with 60lb golden retriever?

Our 80 pound coon hound was willing to fly, but she wasn't crazy about it. Our Maule has observer doors that are clear all the way down. We had a custom bed made for the back of the plane and a ramp to help our dog get in and out. She didn't like the view from on high. She knew she didn't belong there, so she would face the back of the plane until we landed. She passed away a month ago and we miss her terribly. Spend as much time as you can with your dogs while they are with you. Their lives are far too short.
pIFizBc.jpg

Last edited:
We took my dog flying for the first time this past weekend. She normally is very fussy in the car, whining and trying to get into the front seat, pacing between windows, etc. The first leg, my wife sat in the back with her in case she tried to get over the seat, but once we took off, she settled right down. My wife moved up to the front for the return and Mia (8-9 y/o terrier mix) did just fine! we don't have hearing protection for her yet, but I also don't fly with her at all, really. if we start doing more trips with her, Ill get some.
IMG_0619.JPG IMG_0620.JPG

Back