How to find aircraft by model near me

CharlieD3

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
CharlieD3
I'm wondering how to do this in the FAA database.

For instance, are all Cessnas now listed under textron even though the older units were made by Cessna?

Models, are they listed by model number or name... Skyhawk/ Debonair, or 172M/ BE35-33C as an example....?

Or can it be done at all without n number?

You can search by make/model, i.e., Cessna 182 or Textron 182; or, by state/county...
https://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinquiry/
I've tried that. For example:
Manufacturer: Beechcraft
Textron
Model: Debonair
Debonair 33
33debonair
BE35-33

Virtually none come up.

If I search by manufacturer alone, Beechcraft... Several come up but none are Debonairs....

Stumped.

Unless it's cause I'm using my phone?

Simplify your seach terms... Here I ran two searches, both using "Beech" for Make and then one each with "A33" & "B33" in Model

Screenshot_20201114-181644_Firefox.jpg Screenshot_20201114-181734_Firefox.jpg

Last edited:
....or go to "Make/Model" search and type "Beech" in the Make and "33" in the model. This results in 100s of reults from the plain Jane "33" to the "G33". Each line of results is hot-linked to a list of that model within that state/country.

Which particular area are you searching? Also, are you looking for just any 33 or a sub-model specifically?

Which particular area are you searching? Also, are you looking for just any 33 or a sub-model specifically?
Just learning the tool for now... Might use it in future to seek out aircraft that might be available for sale...

Back