How to crash land an Airplane on a freeway.

The animations make that video. I lost it with the bike cutting around the accident.

The flight school I went to, my instructor and the chief pilot instructor were all aghast when I said if I have an engine failure in flight I no longer care about the plane. Instead, I will do whatever I need to do to save my butt. Even if it means the airplane is destroyed. They told me if I land a plane without damage then the FAA will go easy on me. They actually discussed dismissing me from that flight school.

Thinking back I wonder if they had insurance.

Thinking back I wonder if they had insurance.[/QUOTE]

This is somewhat off the thread...but renters insurance is a huge deal. Most fbo's tell renters their planes are insured. What they don't say is that the insurance company can go after the pilot to get reimbursed for the payout. So if you have any assets, you should be insured, because that can be a big nut on even a small issue. Just say'n...and no I don't sell insurance.

This is somewhat off the thread...but renters insurance is a huge deal. Most fbo's tell renters their planes are insured. What they don't say is that the insurance company can go after the pilot to get reimbursed for the payout. So if you have any assets, you should be insured, because that can be a big nut on even a small issue. Just say'n...and no I don't sell insurance.

Yep... if they won't give me a waiver of subrogation (which they won't), my own named insurance would be a hard requirement. Last thing I need is an insurance company suing me for the cost of an airplane.

Always remember, it's not a crash landing, it's an off airport emergency landing. :confused:

Paul definitely makes some funny videos. Not sure whether he writes his own material but his delivery sure is nicely subtle yet in-the-face. :)
I enjoy his videos. Education with humor always makes the key points stick better.

Paul definitely makes some funny videos. Not sure whether he writes his own material but his delivery sure is nicely subtle yet in-the-face. :)
I enjoy his videos. Education with humor always makes the key points stick better.

He’s probably the best at that in aviation education. Although the Kings and Machado are decent at using a bit of humor, they can’t touch Paul.

He’s probably the best at that in aviation education. Although the Kings and Machado are decent at using a bit of humor, they can’t touch Paul.
Humor is pretty subjective, everyone has different taste. And I have no idea how I would even try to grade someone's humor. I like both Paul and Rod Machado (actually met him in person, nice guy). Never found the Kings to be funny. Again, humor is subjective.

Would you want to organize a Paul & Rod aviation shootout? I'd pay to see that on stage! :)

"Remember we don't care about the airplane and we care even less about the poor slugs caught in a 3 hour parking lot while AAA figures out how to tow a Mooney" :D:D:D

Why did it have to be a Mooney...lol

"Remember we don't care about the airplane and we care even less about the poor slugs caught in a 3 hour parking lot while AAA figures out how to tow a Mooney" :D:D:D

Why did it have to be a Mooney...lol

“The truth? The TRUTH? You can’t handle the truth.”

Back