How to complete Bill of Sale when seller is LLC

samiamPA

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
samiamPA
Is the name of seller the individual or the LLC?

So are you saying "name of seller" is [your name] and then "title" is [member, LLC name]?

What is listed on the current registration? It must match that exactly. And the person signing on behalf of the LLC must have the authority to do so. Here's some references. If any questions call Oak City Registration on the local number an ask.
https://www.faa.gov/licenses_certificates/aircraft_certification/aircraft_registry/media/LLCINFO.pdf
https://www.faa.gov/sites/faa.gov/f...aft_registry/aircraft_regn_forms/REGAR-93.pdf

Are you the buyer or the seller here? If you're the seller you should know exactly how you filled out the paperwork when you bought it. If you're the buyer, I'd expect the seller to know how they filled out the bill of sale when they purchased it.

Either way, as was already mentioned, the paperwork needs to match. Responses here will likely be of limited value unless they know specifics about the LLC and how the bill of sale was filled out last time.

for me it was 'manager'

Thanks everyone for the replies. I am the buyer. I know exactly how it is listed on the paperwork for the purchase; however, the way the FAA bill of sale paperwork is completed, it looks different from the buyer side. Hence, I'm still wondering the question above:

Is the appropriate format "name of seller" is [your name] and then "title" is [member, LLC name]?

As an aside, I've tried to contact the FAA registry folks. They are not accepting calls right now due to high volume. I have emailed them and not heard back. I'm trying to not have to do this multiple times.

Write down

Sign name
Name, title
for LLC name

Is the appropriate format "name of seller" is [your name] and then "title" is [member, LLC name]?
If the LLC is listed on the current registration, it needs to be listed as the seller. The authorized LLC representative then signs their name and lists their position whether a member or manager according to the LLC docs.

Did you call the 1-800 number or the local number? It makes a difference. But if you emailed they will get back to you. Probably the best department in the FAA when it comes to service.

fyi, I emailed registration about mine in early February. No answer.

This is why I use AeroSpace Reports for title search, escrow, and title/registration.

They handle it all, and do it in a day or two (walk things over to the FAA, literally).

It's really not that hard. Even I managed to do it.

On the seller box on the Bill of Sale:

(Name of Seller(s)): [NAME OF LLC]

(Signature): [individual signatory signs their name]

(Title): [signatory's title with the LLC (manager, sole member, managing member, member, etc.; would need to refer to LLC org docs to know this for sure); it doesn't necessarily have to be the person who signed the registration, just someone with authority to act/sign for the LLC].

Thank you very much bradg33! That is what we did, I will submit that and see what happens.

You answered your own question in the thread title. The seller is the seller. And the seller must be the current registered owner.

An LLC and an individual are two different "people." So if the plane is owned by an LLC, the seller is the LLC. But of course the paperwork has to be signed by an actual person on behalf of the LLC.

If the buyer is an LLC, there are additional requirements.

Just a heads up, be sure the seller notes their LLC title (member, manager, etc) the same way they signed when buying.
Dealt with this last week.
Seller was on title report having previously signed as 'manager'
He was wanting to sign as 'member' as that is what his LLC docs state.

Because the seller was an LLC, I'd paid the $100 to have a Title Co process it to avoid kickback from FAA.
They saw the discrepancy and explained to him, you have to sign with the same title regardless or the FAA will probably reject it for not matching.

Paperwork excepted no issues.

This is why I use AeroSpace Reports for title search, escrow, and title/registration.

They handle it all, and do it in a day or two (walk things over to the FAA, literally).
You can’t imagine the number of delays in registration due to user errors in submitting registration transfers,

Yes, it’s simple if you know what you are doing. But I’ve been called on a number of times to untie the mess created by DIY registrations when a couple of extra bucks to a title company or professional would have prevented problems.

Back