How to become a moderator on POA

WannFly

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Priyo
I am working late and mind starts to wander around... out of morbid curiosity how do u become a moderator on POA? what are the duties like? how do u ensure there is at least one online at all time to ensure hammer is ready when required? u guys read every post to figure out when to drop the hammer? - is it even humanly possible?

go on, I need to get back to work

Submit an application and they’ll call or video chat you for an interview...no?

Mind those P’s & Q’s and you might find yourself as one! :)

IBTL

I think the main criterion is a desire to improve the community. At least that's what I hope it is.

I hear there is a 10 year indoc program and a 1,000 question test at the end. Pass/fail and no retest offered. Tuition is $10,000/year.

Gold bearer bonds.
Unmarked, non-sequential $20 bills.

Most people that want to be a moderator are a lousy choice for the job. You typically have to shanghai good people that are smart enough not to really want the responsibility.

This pearl of wisdom comes from being senior admin at an enormous site (much bigger than poa) for many years, and now, happily, have no official involvement at all.

Make me king for a day and I'd ban everyone who has ever called my sweater ugly, and I'd invite Henning and Ron back.

And there'd be free beer.

Given that they picked Ted, I honestly can't ay what the criterion are. The only thing I can say for certain is the criterion does't include yours truly.

Make me king for a day and I'd ban everyone who has ever called my sweater ugly, and I'd invite Henning and Ron back.

And there'd be free beer.
Your sweater is ugly and your mother dresses you funny.

I will not run and if selected I will not serve.

Most people that want to be a moderator are a lousy choice for the job. You typically have to shanghai good people that are smart enough not to really want the responsibility.

This pearl of wisdom comes from being senior admin at an enormous site (much bigger than poa) for many years, and now, happily, have no official involvement at all.
Amen!
It is not easy (or rewarding) to be a moderator.

There is a lot of truth to that. I'm an admin level mod on a sportbike board, and the people that ask to be a mod are often tools. I have yet to be a part of bringing in a new mod who had expressed interest first.

There is a lot of truth to that. I'm an admin level mod on a sportbike board, and the people that ask to be a mod are often tools. I have yet to be a part of bringing in a new mod who had expressed interest first.

I guess there is truth to that. The only time I've been a moderator I was invited. I've never volunteered.

This.

Always be training your replacement for sucky jobs. Haha. Seriously. :)

Find someone to hand that crap off to and start pretending you need more personal time. Hahaha. Well, not pretending. You do need more personal time. Everyone does. Ha.

I heard that you have to attend mandatory annual AOA training to make sure that proper use of an AOA is discussed in virtually every thread

Back