How much have Trent Palmer's legal costs been?

I find almost everyone who likes to channel Shakespeare on lawyers changes their tune dramatically as soon as they need legal services.

The fact that a lawyer is sometimes a necessary evil doesn't make them less evil. Just because I get a colonoscopy when necessary doesn't mean I dislike it any less.

The fact that a lawyer is sometimes a necessary evil doesn't make them less evil. Just because I get a colonoscopy when necessary doesn't mean I dislike it any less.
Are you saying that proctologists are evil?

I find almost everyone who likes to channel Shakespeare on lawyers changes their tune dramatically as soon as they need legal services. YMMV
Thats exact why am I bitching about it :) … together with politicians ( majority of whom started out as lawyers anyway ) they have created a system so complicated that it is dangerous to make any decision without a team of lawyers checking and re-checking everything.

And no , I am not talking here about any extreme opposite systems here ( like some kind of free-for-all anarchy ) but the fact that vast majority of business and life decisions should and are common sense based and should not really need an army of advising layers ….

Thats exact why am I bitching about it :) … together with politicians ( majority of whom started out as lawyers anyway ) they have created a system so complicated that it is dangerous to make any decision without a team of lawyers checking and re-checking everything.

And no , I am not talking here about any extreme opposite systems here ( like some kind of free-for-all anarchy ) but the fact that vast majority of business and life decisions should and are common sense based and should not really need an army of advising layers ….
There are plenty of places in the world without such systems. Any you'd like to live in?

I find almost everyone who likes to channel Shakespeare on lawyers changes their tune dramatically as soon as they need legal services. YMMV
Nope. Last time I “needed legal services,” I paid $730/hr and wound up no better off than if I’d just rolled over on Day 1.

I’ve never quoted Shakespeare, but my hiring of an attorney didn’t improve my impression of the species.

There are plenty of places in the world without such systems. Any you'd like to live in?
Nah , just something a bit more sane like .. is don’t know Europe ? Normally I don’t bring Europe as an example since I left that place for a reason but in some cases they they do manage it a bit better and this is one of them.

Nah , just something a bit more sane like .. is don’t know Europe ? Normally I don’t bring Europe as an example since I left that place for a reason but in some cases they they do manage it a bit better and this is one of them.
Where GenAv -- as we know it in the US -- is all but nonexistent. They fly gliders and have to winch launch since 100LL can sell for 2-3 Euro/liter -- $9-12/gal !!!

Aside: I noticed this on the EAOPA page where I checked current fuel prices: "According to European Directive 2003/96/EC only fuel used for Private Pleasure Flying should be taxed. All other aviation fuel should be tax-free or the tax refunded." :eek:

Where GenAv -- as we know it in the US -- is all but nonexistent. They fly gliders and have to winch launch since 100LL can sell for 2-3 Euro/liter -- $9-12/gal !!!

Aside: I noticed this on the EAOPA page where I checked current fuel prices: "According to European Directive 2003/96/EC only fuel used for Private Pleasure Flying should be taxed. All other aviation fuel should be tax-free or the tax refunded." :eek:
I was talking about their legal system - the fact that GA is practically dead over there is for other reasons ( think FAA silliness but x 10 ) but it is not because of lawyers …

I don't buy Trent's lies. I don't buy AOPAs bullshiat. Just another example of why I am happy I stopped supporting their self-serving nonsense years ago.

I was talking about their legal system - the fact that GA is practically dead over there is for other reasons ( think FAA silliness but x 10 ) but it is not because of lawyers …
The legal system, the "FAA" (EASA) silliness, the tax system, they are all one system. You can't quite pick and choose. They have plenty enough bureaucrats, who look and function a lot like lawyers do here. They don't have as many "lawyers" per se, meaning free agents, as we do in part because they make it so hard to do anything -- like fly a personal aircraft -- including becoming a lawyer.

Last edited:
The legal system, the "FAA" (EASA) silliness, the tax system, they are all one system. You can't quite pick and choose.
Sure you can. He's making an argument on how to improve things in the US. Naturally that argument wouldn't be to take the bad things from other places and implement them here. It would be to take the good things from other places and implement them here.

You should run from any attorney who promises any outcome, let alone "justice."
The best assessment of a client’s case I ever heard was from a 25-year public defender counseling her in-custody client (I was a deputy sheriff assigned as a bailiff, so sitting right next to them in the courtroom). “You want the cops to stop f-ing with you? Then quit doing stupid s—- and acting like a g-d a-h!”

Back